Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Random Development Screenshots on Twitter  (Read 128525 times)

Jagerbomber

Re: Random Development Screenshots on Twitter
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2018, 12:05:47 pm »

Bonkers.

See Trevor anywhere?
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »

Well, well:
https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/978653929981595649

Paris with ~2 mil buildings in view:

Prague:

Vienna

Munich:

Helsinki:

Madrid:

Los Angeles:

patmarrnc

« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2018, 07:11:00 am »

very impressive!  Will these cities be part of a future release?

Also, based on the number of lake scenes shown here, am I out of line to hope for lakes in the next release?

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2018, 09:03:17 am »

World coverage for OSM roads and buildings footprints (when existing), and yes, there will be better defined rivers and lakes :)

Some examples:

https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/948626030109118470
https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/943856005695275008
https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/911148070414495744

patmarrnc

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2018, 09:46:24 am »

World coverage for OSM roads and buildings footprints (when existing), and yes, there will be better defined rivers and lakes :)

Some examples:

https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/948626030109118470
https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/943856005695275008
https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/911148070414495744

Wow! Good stuff!  Looking forward to all of these enhancements!
I don't suppose anybody is willing to go out on a limb and tentatively predict when these changes will be released...?
Ballpark? Like "In about a month" or "third quarter 2018" or "not anytime soon"

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2018, 10:44:27 am »

Oh boy. There is only one rule here: never make timeframe estimations. It's bad mojo!
One thing is sure, if we don't witness any time paradox, we are closer from the release than we'll ever be  :D

patmarrnc

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2018, 11:10:15 am »

Oh boy. There is only one rule here: never make timeframe estimations. It's bad mojo!
One thing is sure, if we don't witness any time paradox, we are closer from the release than we'll ever be  :D

Ha! You win today's award for the best combination of diplomacy and candor.  ;-)

(hoping it's pretty soon though)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2018, 12:45:46 pm »

Considering the amount of city pictures the devs are posting, I'd say we're not too far...

Maybe  ;)

josem75

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »

I remember in some comment i think in twitter, somebody asked it, and Cameni said a few more reviews to all data (cities, lakes, etc), the ongoing was 1 week duration or so.
Then if few more, maybe we are just weeks or some month far from the new realease, hopefully:
This is a lot of job to refine all the data.

patmarrnc

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2018, 06:34:57 pm »

This is a lot of job to refine all the data.

I can't even imagine the work (and knowledge) required to create something of this magnitude!  Every time I have to ask a stupid question about how to perform some rudimentary task in Outerra, my embarrassment is made all the worse considering that they know how to procedurally generate a planet and make it work on thousands of different computers & hardware... and I'm not even smart enough to type the right values into a frigging dialog box.  Hats off to all the smart people! Your work is appreciated!

andfly

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2018, 07:10:58 am »

I can't even imagine the work (and knowledge) required to create something of this magnitude!
And, for what I can imagine, I am deeply impressed and admired.  :o

In these months I was fortunate to have witnessed a huge work of refinement on the engine that has removed the concerns (which many of us have expressed, on the forum and on discord) about the apparent slow progress and the excessive thinning of the release of updated versions.
The novelties of the next version seem so substantial to be worth the waiting time necessary.

The automatic creation of buildings (from the OSM data) and their display in very high numbers and without apparent slowdowns is the most evident result, clearly illustrated by the images and videos of Acetone and Cameni.

But not only!!

Along with the buildings, the data of road routes, airport runways (and even grass fields ... of small airfields?), the river routes and the location of the lakes are also imported.
A new pipeline (currently undergoing testing) has been studied and implemented which, in my opinion, speeds up all the engine actions considerably.
A patient (and, I think, exhausting) work has been done to refine the soil data to correct its imperfections.
Further refinements on the ground, rocks, grass display, tree set and optimal adjustment of their heights ...
The introduction of "human" pilots in vehicles with realistic movements is being tested.
(by browsing through the plugin, I noticed a reference to a "game/pfnn" folder ... and this excites me!).
And then ... work on the water ... with wonderful results.
The waves of the sea swell and "foam", the lakes have calm waters, the large rivers flow calmly and create earthy islands in their loops, the streams have agitated waters and the bottom strewn with rocks ...

I could not resist the temptation to make a short film:

Surely there are other improvements that I have not noticed, or that do not appear obvious but have required a lot of work ...

So ... for what I believe, the development of Outerra is having a new surge and it is certainly worth having a little patience while waiting for the next version !  :D :D
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

josem75

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2018, 11:20:57 am »

I can't even imagine the work (and knowledge) required to create something of this magnitude!
And, for what I can imagine, I am deeply impressed and admired.  :o

In these months I was fortunate to have witnessed a huge work of refinement on the engine that has removed the concerns (which many of us have expressed, on the forum and on discord) about the apparent slow progress and the excessive thinning of the release of updated versions.
The novelties of the next version seem so substantial to be worth the waiting time necessary.

The automatic creation of buildings (from the OSM data) and their display in very high numbers and without apparent slowdowns is the most evident result, clearly illustrated by the images and videos of Acetone and Cameni.

But not only!!

Along with the buildings, the data of road routes, airport runways (and even grass fields ... of small airfields?), the river routes and the location of the lakes are also imported.
A new pipeline (currently undergoing testing) has been studied and implemented which, in my opinion, speeds up all the engine actions considerably.
A patient (and, I think, exhausting) work has been done to refine the soil data to correct its imperfections.
Further refinements on the ground, rocks, grass display, tree set and optimal adjustment of their heights ...
The introduction of "human" pilots in vehicles with realistic movements is being tested.
(by browsing through the plugin, I noticed a reference to a "game/pfnn" folder ... and this excites me!).
And then ... work on the water ... with wonderful results.
The waves of the sea swell and "foam", the lakes have calm waters, the large rivers flow calmly and create earthy islands in their loops, the streams have agitated waters and the bottom strewn with rocks ...

I could not resist the temptation to make a short film:

Surely there are other improvements that I have not noticed, or that do not appear obvious but have required a lot of work ...

So ... for what I believe, the development of Outerra is having a new surge and it is certainly worth having a little patience while waiting for the next version !  :D :D

Just wow!!!
The water with foam is amazing, and how move along the rivers and lakes. Incredible, and in the entire world.

So you have early acces to the tested future versions? Well, good earned for sure, your work with addons are always so great and creative.

thank you for share a little bit of the new upgrade jewels.

aWac9

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2018, 07:07:57 am »

masterly. great,..... I wondered if these outerras guys are from this planet?   :)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2018, 02:54:14 am »

I'm sure a ton of people will be happy with this one:

https://twitter.com/outerradev/status/982376157155819520

Working on direct support for Substance materials in our PBR pipeline #outerra

aWac9

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2018, 05:40:46 am »

It's great news ,,,
The lighting, the natural interaction of light and materials ,,, implement all this in the OT engine will be impressive ..... :)

why is this different?
a little explanation from the Unity5 blog
http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/beginners-guide-physically-based-rendering-unity
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:52:35 am by aWac9 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13