Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Distant Terrain Vanishes at Low Altitudes  (Read 2995 times)

belmaktor

Distant Terrain Vanishes at Low Altitudes
« on: February 25, 2017, 07:40:11 pm »

I have not verified this in other locations, but in the mountains immediately west of Denver, USA distant mountains will disappear when I place the camera at ground level (and often a few hundred feet above) even though they are not blocked by other terrain. This did not happen when I last used Outerra in December 2016. I tried restarting the computer and reinstalling Outerra to no avail.

I am running Windows 8.1 on an i7-4710hq cpu and a NVIDIA GTX860M with 16 gigs of RAM.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Distant Terrain Vanishes at Low Altitudes
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 01:47:01 pm »

I have not verified this in other locations, but in the mountains immediately west of Denver, USA distant mountains will disappear when I place the camera at ground level (and often a few hundred feet above) even though they are not blocked by other terrain. This did not happen when I last used Outerra in December 2016. I tried restarting the computer and reinstalling Outerra to no avail.

I am running Windows 8.1 on an i7-4710hq cpu and a NVIDIA GTX860M with 16 gigs of RAM.

Hello belmaktor, and welcome,

That's a bug in the latest release where terrain tiles occlusion can be a little bit glitchy. It should be fixed in the next update :)

Kugleblutz

Re: Distant Terrain Vanishes at Low Altitudes
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 12:01:36 am »

How is the performance of GTX 860m? How many fps are you getting and at what settings do you play?