Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Circular airfield ??  (Read 4874 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Circular airfield ??
« on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:58 am »

Hey simmers, saw this and its a little bit strange idea, so I wanted to ask you, what do you think about this :

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

2eyed

Re: Circular airfield ??
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:34:51 am »

If you make the diameter like 20 km it will work.

aWac9

Re: Circular airfield ??
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:44:50 am »

In 2012, the European Commission carried out an investigation into the airports, (Endless Runway project lasted 2 years, Spain participated in the project through the National Institute of Aerospace Studies along with Germany, France and Poland and the commission of investigation concluded Which was viable with significant energy savings (wind) and noise impact.
There were many drawbacks. The cost was much higher, it would require about 10,000 m of track, a minimum width of 90 meters. The track would have a slope towards the center causing centrifugal forces, and the aircraft would slow down automatically in a trend towards the center of the track, and everyone, pilots and passengers would feel the sensation of going a roller coaster, and then At the end comes the question of the million, is it safe to land when three planes do at the same time?
I do not know…. I do not like it very much.

http://cordis.europa.eu/project/rcn/103897_en.html