User mods, screenshots & videos > Plugins / Add-ons

Outerra Anteworld C++ Plugin API

<< < (2/5) > >>

zzz:
Figured I'd finally try my hand at this.

Downloaded anteworld-master from here
https://github.com/Outerra/anteworld

and put it in my VS2015 Projects folder. Opened example_plugins solution. Built comm_static with no problems. Tried building igc_plugin but it gives an error saying it can't find intergen.exe.

I downloaded example_plugin_v0-05.zip and unzipped it to the /example/ folder from anterworld-master, but when I load that all 3 projects simply say "load failed".

cameni:
Please add intergen project (in comm/_build/msvc/201x/) into the solution and build it.
Also you need to use the proper API version, probably https://github.com/Outerra/anteworld/releases/tag/8099

zzz:
Sorry for not updating, but yes that worked, though I had to tell intergen where the comm lib that was created was.

Is there a good learning resource on what to do next? It's unclear on the what and how of plugin development. I can see the lists of outerra functions that are already accessible through the console in the folders referenced. Skimming through the example plugin code hasn't illuminated anything.

cameni:
Mostly what Uriah wrote above. I see he also mentioned intergen project there.
You can either use the public API or create your own C++ plugins that provide services for vehicles e.g your physics implementation. For now you need to pass events from vehicle script to methods exposed from your plugin.

King_Richard:
Anyone get the example working with VS2017?

I've installed the .otx, set the Project Toolset, rebuilt comm_static, intergen and vehicle_plugin, copied the vehicle_plugin.dll to the correct directory however I'm getting a few errors:

1. VS Debug indicates vehicle_plugin.dll loaded but cannot find/open PDB file
2. Outerra indicates failed to load said plugin too
3. On vehicle load Outerra indicates cannot call update for either vehicle that I load, not surprised as loading failed

I've never created a .dll so I'm positive it's something I'm not doing right, perhaps I'm better off going with VS2015 if the community version will allow older versions, my work computer is loaded with VS2017 so preference is to not roll backwards. Either way I'm appreciative of Uriah helping out the community as I've been anxiously awaiting to play around with Outerra!

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version