Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: NexGen Flight-Sim has quit  (Read 4994 times)

Tinwing

NexGen Flight-Sim has quit
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:58:13 am »

In case you missed the news, Stephen Borick has thrown in the towel and his Nexgen flight-sim wont now be produced, as many of us suspected would happen right from the start. 

Nice try but wrong approach I suppose?

NexGen Sim - dead in the water
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/513327-nexgen-sim-dead-in-the-water/

This was the original NexGen thread posted on Outtera..
https://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3285.0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:17:26 am by Tinwing »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: NexGen Flight-Sim has quit
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 02:40:47 am »

"Diamond Visionic"... So the Next Gen Simulator was going to look like similar to this?

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Tinwing

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:38:55 am »

"Diamond Visionic"... So the Next Gen Simulator was going to look like similar to this?

Yes, scary isn't it.  Luckily the NexGen sim never happened ;-)

Looking back on their updates..its clear they were in La La land right from the start..

"**UPDATE 01/12/2016**

There is a time for thinking, talking, debating and mulling things over. That time is almost at an end.
So how goes the work? We tickled the surface of the water running under the bridge in the first instalment of ‘how’s it all going’ and duly promised continuity of information, to keep the pot boiling and the fires suitably stoked.
Alluding to the need to not only freshen the paintwork on the old FSX wagon, but to completely re-build the assembly line", ... etc

https://en-gb.facebook.com/NextGenerationInteractiveSoftware/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:45:26 am by Tinwing »

bomber

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 10:58:54 am »

I was sent a contract to join in the golden opportunity but turned it down for many reasons.

OK they offered me 100k for 5 hours a week over 3 years yet without any ownership of the product and no ownership of my own work, bound by an NDA and ultimately the 100k pay out being at the whim of the president...

And I was expected to contribute the flight models....conjured up out of thin air on whatever application..

All whilst being directed by people with titles like vice president of this that or the other.... not once did I see a post from a flight modeller or 3d or 2d artist.. not once did I see any example of content.

But who does it harm I've heard on other boards...

Well I'll tell ya having experience of Targetware and  NGIS.... it harms the next group with an idea who has to fight against growing community negativity... negativity which let's face it is well founded through bitter experience of dealing with these carpet baggers.

Regards

Simon

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HiFlyer

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:35:31 pm »

The community was negative long before NGIS arrived on the scene.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Tinwing

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »

All whilst being directed by people with titles like vice president of this that or the other.... not once did I see a post from a flight modeller or 3d or 2d artist.. not once did I see any example of content.

Wasn't there someone on their team called DTMicro? I cant recall his real name but he seemed to be semi in charge of the devs at the time I was following the Nexgen saga.  Whatever happened to him?

Well I'll tell ya having experience of Targetware and  NGIS.... it harms the next group with an idea who has to fight against growing community negativity... negativity which let's face it is well founded through bitter experience of dealing with these carpet baggers.

I'm with you there.