Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Graphics card  (Read 2919 times)

Avi

Graphics card
« on: October 18, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »

I am investing in a laptop with a GTX 1050 card. Is it good enough to render Outerra in high settings?
Also, what are the new things we can see in the next update?

Jagerbomber

Re: Graphics card
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 12:43:05 am »

Mmm.... According to benchmarks, that's mostly lower than a GTX 770, which is what I have, and yes the 770 is an older card.  I get around 40s and up, depending on what I'm looking at, though I haven't looked at a location with a lot of buildings or objects yet.  You'd probably want to be higher if you can.  Not lower.  And Laptop GPUs are still weaker than desktop versions.  Sorry.  I don't think I'd expect reasonable performance out of anything less than a 1060, particularly the mobile version.  But that's the price.  =|  I mean... if you can hold it at a vsync'd 30, then maybe.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 12:52:10 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Avi

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 10:42:40 pm »

So maybe the GTX 1050 isn't a very powerful card to render Outerra smoothly at 1080p but what if I lower the resolution to 768p? Would I get better performance?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 01:11:35 am »

Probably not much I wouldn't think.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P