Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: FBX importer has stopped working  (Read 2344 times)

patmarrnc

FBX importer has stopped working
« on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:20 pm »

out of the blue today, the FBX importer has stopped working. I call it up via CTRL-F7, and so far so good.

Then [OPEN FBX]  > I navigate to an FBX I want to import, > select it > [OPEN]...
and the window is not populated with anything! Just an empty dialog and nothing to [CREATE PACKAGE] from!

link to video on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9efhuyxiu5f1x2z/FBX-import.mp4?dl=0

link to eng.log on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3budfng745hr74/eng.log?dl=0

I should mention that while running some packages I downloaded, today, Outerra locked up more than once and had to be exited via CTRL-ALT-DEL. If that can mess something up, then maybe that's what happened.

I should also mention that even FBXs that I have previously imported won't reload today... which indicates it isn't a problem with a particular file.

would reinstalling fix it?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:11:44 pm by patmarrnc »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: FBX importer has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 02:06:31 am »

I think there was a bug opening the importer when you moved or deleted the last directory you imported from, or something such. Try last-import-path in world.cfg

patmarrnc

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:37:05 am »

now that you mention it, I've been experimenting with model import, and yesterday I deleted a bunch of stuff that didn't work, as well as moving some files to other directories. Thank you for this info! I really appreciate it!

You have an amazing product here... everybody I show it to is blown away by it!

patmarrnc

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 02:13:30 pm »

OK, update:

Editing world.cfg line "last import path" did not fix it
uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix it

I noticed during the uninstall I was asked whether I wanted to keep packages... I replied NO, but after the uninstall, the whole directory with my personal settings and packages was still there.

So I moved that directory to another location before reinstalling, which forced the installation to recreate those directories. Upon reinstalling this time, the problem was fixed.

So I went back and looked at the files in the personal folder I had moved. Fatal errors logged in the
eng.log file showed similar information to that which was logged in the file_dialog_history.txt
In retrospect I wonder if clearing out the contents of  the file dialog history file would have solved the problem without having to reinstall. Clearly the problem originated in one of the files in my personal folder, because that is the only variable that changed