Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: wish list  (Read 3471 times)

patmarrnc

wish list
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:15:32 pm »

I can't say enough good things about Outerra... it is amazing what you have accomplished here!

But if I had to wish for one thing that doesn't exist yet in the world of Outerra, it would be:

realistic waterfalls / cascades, with boulders in and around the water.

I understand that development requires you to prioritize what gets worked on actively, and what gets  put aside as possible future goals.  I'm content to share my thoughts and let it wait until there is time for it. But...

wouldn't waterfalls in Outerra be spectacular?  Imagine a rock overhang with waterfall projecting far enough outward that Andfly's eagle can fly between the water and the rocks!

(That scene should be in your video demo when the game goes public. )

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: wish list
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:46:44 am »

As always, plans for water enhancements are there. We are working on enhancing the sea and lake water rendering for the upcoming release with global lake support. Rivers will have to be reintegrated into it.

Waterfalls would be indeed great but they are also hard to make right, and we should likely only attempt them once we get the underlying river/lake system working right.

patmarrnc

Re: wish list
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:54:42 am »

looking forward to the upcoming enhancements to lakes and rivers! In the meantime, I'll use video editing to make waterfalls look more realistic.

Thanks for all that you do.... This is an amazing engine and everyone I've introduced it to has been utterly blown away by it.