Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Grouping of several objects  (Read 222 times)

Bob425

Grouping of several objects
« on: December 24, 2017, 12:31:57 pm »

Can anyone explain how to group several models, so that they appear in the Asset Menu under a single folder?

patmarrnc

Re: Grouping of several objects
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:07:43 pm »

Hi Bob425,
First of all, I want to thank you for making your Mersey available. I downloaded it and have been enjoying it.

I'm a newbie here, so I don't have many answers... but here is my understanding of the question you have asked:

any time there is more than one OBJDEF file in a packages directory, the subject of the OBJDEF will show up as an item within a folder.  Looking at the folders in Levi's World2XPlane series, I see that he has many OBJDEF files but only one PKG file.  I'm guessing that the original model that was uploaded had many submeshes that are referenced by the various OBJDEF files in the folder.  I believe this to be true because even with only one PKG file, the models in the folder are frequently different shapes and sizes.

It is also possible to have multiple OBJDEF files in a folder for the purpose of sending different parameters to a script or when using more than one script with the same geometry.