Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Export for modelling, animation, unity3d?  (Read 2296 times)

Oni

Export for modelling, animation, unity3d?
« on: November 27, 2017, 11:18:50 am »

Hi, an animator aquaintence of mine just introduced me to your awesome product.

I develop animations and small VR games to tell indigenous stories of different indigenous lands (in their native language). One big issue is getting real-world landscapes to animate within or to VR play in. The only reliable option I've found is this Unity asset:
http://infinity-code.com/en/products/real-world-terrain  which requires a complicated export process if wanting to get the data out of Unity.

For Outerra, I can probably composite my rigged models and their actions over a 2D video of your landscapes.

But it would be fan-freaking-tastic if I could
1. export 360 video for compositing an oculus animation.
2. Import my rigged .FBX models
3. Or (especially!) export Outerra landscapes as a full model or as heightmaps and meshes (to recompile in my animators or UE/Unity)

Is there any intention or interest in having these features? If feasible, they could be a very lucrative product for you to sell to animators and developers, in addition to your sales to gamers.

-Oni
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:22:57 am by Oni »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Export for modelling, animation, unity3d?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:33 am »

3) was asked a couple of times, but there are some technical issues with it since our terrain is procedurally generated and with adaptive resolution. It would certainly be doable, we just don't have the necessary info as to what we'd have to export and in what form and with what limitations to make it actually useful, and of course whether it makes sense economically.

2) should be possible but currently limited

1) problematic right now because of limits in generator pipeline and video capture