User mods, screenshots & videos > Static models

Traffic Lights

<< < (2/3) > >>

patmarrnc:

--- Quote from: Bob425 on February 14, 2018, 03:05:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: patmarrnc on February 14, 2018, 02:46:18 pm ---Your next assignment, if you choose to accept it, is to make these a vehicle so you can add  lights that are toggled thru the Green-Yellow-Red sequence from the keyboard.

;-)

--- End quote ---

That thought had struck me, but I think that it would be beyond my poor skills.
Maybe one day!!!

--- End quote ---

Maybe one of the javascript gurus will do it and post the script.  It would be a fairly small script which would provide a good example for many other applications.
I've been trying to make a simple lantern  that can be turned off and on, my efforts at copying and pasting lights from other vehicle scripts have so far been unsuccessful.. so I could use a simplified example too.

Bob425:
One problem with creating assets as a vehicle, is that it will only be present in your current session.
I had thought of creating a lighthouse with a flashing light as a vehicle, but it would mean positioning each time I powered up OT

Jagerbomber:
But I wanna drive around a traffic light....

patmarrnc:

--- Quote from: Bob425 on February 14, 2018, 03:43:10 pm ---One problem with creating assets as a vehicle, is that it will only be present in your current session.
I had thought of creating a lighthouse with a flashing light as a vehicle, but it would mean positioning each time I powered up OT

--- End quote ---
That is true. I suppose my use of Outerra is different from that of most others in this group. I use it to create scenes for animations, not to build permanent communities. I might only need to capture the video of a light turning on once, so it doesn't matter if it's a vehicle or a static object... except that as a vehicle it has the ability to change the status of the lights as I capture the scene.

For most of what I do, it's easier to add the lights in HitFilm... but for my lantern I need a way to light up the inside of a building. That kind of lighting is not as easy to fake in a video editor.

Bob425:

--- Quote from: Jagerbomber on February 14, 2018, 05:00:15 pm ---But I wanna drive around a traffic light....

--- End quote ---

I've driven some pretty strange vehicles in my time, but.............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version