Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: view outerra in 3D without any tools !  (Read 3007 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
view outerra in 3D without any tools !
« on: June 27, 2018, 01:42:24 pm »

Few days ago purely by chance I discovered that it possible to view outerra perfectly in 3D without using any tools, no glasses, no need for stereo images or anything else: JUST CLOSE ONE EYE WHILE MOVING INSIDE OUTERRA !
You will immediately see the flat screen image turn into a perfect 3D perception ! I don't know how this is possible - actually it appears counterintuitive (how can one see 3D using just one eye ?) - but it works ! I asked several friends to try it out and apparently it works for everybody- just keep on moving forward inside outerra (best using flight mode !). You will notice that the nearer you keep your head to the screen and the faster you go the more strong is the 3D effect.  Actually there seems to be scientific support for the possibility of seeing 3D with one eye (https://pexlab.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk/2013/10/28/question-1/) and has to do with how our brain constructs depth of vision from sensory information which need not be two-eyed to get 3D vision. The scientific term for it is"monocular Stereopsis"  or "monocular 3D effect". By the way it works on any (2D !) video ! (as it should since it is how our brain elaborates visible information)

Have fun exploring outerra in 3D without any tools - and just ONE EYE !  ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:31:49 pm by fly77 »