User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Abandoned on mysterious island

<< < (2/2)

andfly:
I think it is sufficient the general notice in the post presentation in which you specify the mods contained, I consider superfluous the personal notice.

For the rest ... do not worry!
Work in general, and that on Outerra in particular, is constantly evolving.
Old things remain old and thought always pursues new things.
No "catastrophe" has happened.

It seemed right to present the problem just because you took care not to repeat it.

I am extremely certain of your good intentions and I am sorry ... of your displeasure …
I hope I have not cooled your enthusiasm !

At the next mod !!!

fly77:
Thanks once more. My enthousiasm about outerra could not be greater and I am aware that I am only at the very beginning of this adventure which is ever evolving, promising to become better and better.

at the next MOD !!!

cameni:
That's a good point. OTX is very simple in its implementation, just a zip that's recognized by OT and installed into data. There are only some precautions to not install outside the data folder, but it does not check modification times or ownership. It can't easily do the latter, but it definitely should prompt a warning if OTX would override newer files, or even any files ...

fly77:
is there a way to prompt such warning messages when clicking on a otx file ?
or is there a way to create an installer that launches the otx file ?
If not what would be the best way to share sceneries without risking to cause harm to users ?
Manual installation by copying package folders manually so that windows takes care of launching overwrite warning messages ?

cameni:
Clicking otx launches outerra.exe as the handler, and we can check if files are being overwritten, or have options for backup or clean install of subfolders from the otx. We probably just need agreeing what is the best way to handle it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version