Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Previous version: 17.1.0.11105 (32-bit)  (Read 181594 times)

Bob425

Re: Latest version: 17.1.0.9891
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2018, 03:41:25 pm »

Nice to have the sand back!!!!!

josem75

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2018, 09:59:14 am »

Nice colors fixed. Tks

Cameni i realized terrain at 1080 lost some detail but improved speed a lot (for my taste, maybe im wrong?).
Sure this quit a lot of render problems for the main people, terrain not blur anymore even in the most dificult places like Everest.
But. Would be posible to add back this detail needing to change some special option in menu?
Enjoy total terrain resolution at places where can be handled is totally amazing.
Also terrain in far is more detailed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:26 am »

The problem is, I'm unaware of a change that would have caused a loss of resolution ::)

There were fixes in terrain cache allocation for higher quality modes, so now 1080p gets way more tiles to work with and it won't blur (→ saturate the terrain cache) that easily, assuming people running these modes have enough VRAM for it. But I don't think there was any modification in how the terrain quality is handled ...

josem75

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2018, 10:47:30 am »

The problem is, I'm unaware of a change that would have caused a loss of resolution ::)

There were fixes in terrain cache allocation for higher quality modes, so now 1080p gets way more tiles to work with and it won't blur (→ saturate the terrain cache) that easily, assuming people running these modes have enough VRAM for it. But I don't think there was any modification in how the terrain quality is handled ...

Wow. then you are confirming me that the 1080 quality in the older Version is the same than 1080 in this new?
I cant check with the older version, plus in this one i cant apply the external mods i was applying with Reshade Mediator (sweet Fx). Including a refinement with Luma Sharpen.
Then posibly what i see diferent is that, coz filters make big diferences.
(i dont know why now i cant use Reshade Mediator to Run Outerra, dont know if new version or dont know if now im using Windows 10, if somebody using previous windows can test with this new outerra version).

If you made this new pipeline with same quality resolution, the improve in performance you did is HUGE.
I was flying at Himalayas at 1080 and no problem at all.
We talked some months ago about this performance problem and i assumed you changed the amount of quality to avoid this problem. But then im Wrong. What you did is improve the performance.

I need to try to solve the Reshade Mediator Sweet fx adition because i love some filters for outerra. Coveral Luma Sharpen and some colors fix. and Gaussian blur/bloom).
Its like those were created to use with outerra.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:10:44 am by josem75 »

josem75

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:47 pm »

Anybody also have problem with Alt F8 for change Reflections map? For me its not working

Occams Razer

• Freelance Graphic and Game Designer, 3D Artist
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2018, 02:31:34 am »

Nice, the variable sea level was one of the biggest challenges left to tackle, and the global OSM road coverage makes exploring a much more rewarding activity. Even more so in familiar places.

I do have issues with performance, but I'm using some old hardware (650 Ti Boost—hardly modern), so that's to be expected. I'm also still unable to get helicopters to respond to nearly any inputs, and the terrain snapping for OSM roads seems to be doing some gnarly things to switchbacks. But, all in due time.

chomper

« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2018, 08:47:28 am »

Fired it up this morning and noticed a sizeable amount of world updates come through. Out of curiosity, what were they specifically?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2018, 01:47:36 pm »

Gmap fixes for not loading zoom levels other than default zoom?

You can try to replace www/map.html file with this one (post attachment).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 01:51:06 pm by cameni »

josem75

« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2018, 02:04:56 pm »

yes this works good again when zoom in. tks Cameni.
Any other is having alt+F8 problem?  For me is not working

Jagerbomber

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2018, 03:07:11 pm »

It seems to be working quite well now.

Did you disable or cut down on automatic zooming?  Because that's nice since it was rather irritating when it triggered while driving before.
It will be really cool to hopefully get driving directions working through that eventually, if possible.

Post-update I attempted to get a controller, or controller bindings, working in it for the first time for me and a land vehicle.  However, when attempting binding, for some reason my Accelerate controller bind would always also trigger Brake, even though they were very clearly different buttons bound.  Also, I couldn't get Right steering working on the joystick very well or at all, but Left would work to a degree.  I gave up eventually.  I tried [blank], +, ++, etc.  No fix.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:16 am »

Did you disable or cut down on automatic zooming?  Because that's nice since it was rather irritating when it triggered while driving before.
It will be really cool to hopefully get driving directions working through that eventually, if possible.

Did nothing with autozoom, but it depends on location and altitude, sometimes works better.

Post-update I attempted to get a controller, or controller bindings, working in it for the first time for me and a land vehicle.  However, when attempting binding, for some reason my Accelerate controller bind would always also trigger Brake, even though they were very clearly different buttons bound.  Also, I couldn't get Right steering working on the joystick very well or at all, but Left would work to a degree.  I gave up eventually.  I tried [blank], +, ++, etc.  No fix.

What joystick model is that? Did you try to calibrate it?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2018, 02:10:34 pm »

Not joystick, PS4 controller joysticks (DS4).  Yes I did.  I've got no issue with other things.

I might have been using DS4Windows (a newer version, not the branch on the main website which was discontinued). which I think makes it Xinput?  Again, the default setup works fine with other programs.

If I wasn't actually using DS4Windows (I forget right now), then just through W10 and the default drivers it gives the DS4.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 02:14:14 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2018, 02:20:33 pm »

Wow! Been a while since I looked into Anteworld, this is some serious development! Nice Cameni!!!
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

eisenopferd

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2018, 10:23:55 am »

Hi There,
I have some problems with water (lakes and Rivers)
Intel 4570 with grafic HD4600. Newest Grafic Driver. Is it still a problem with buggy Intel stuff?

Cheers /Hendrik/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:27:11 am by eisenopferd »
i5 2400 ; AMD 6950 Eyefinity6
i3 4160 ; intel 4400

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2018, 04:21:50 am »

It's a wonder you got that far with Intel graphics ... while we periodically made it to work by finding various workarounds, it tends to break again after a while. The tediousness and poor performance make it a low priority for now ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14