Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Previous version: 17.1.0.11105 (32-bit)  (Read 180712 times)

aWac9

Re: Latest version: 17.1.0.11105
« Reply #180 on: December 04, 2019, 01:36:05 pm »

:facepalm:  =|
Error.
Unexpected error .. I move w or mouse wheel to scroll and take a huge leap into space, far far away. Everything is now unstable. I notice that daylight changes very fast too.
* the engines of ships and planes do not work

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:31:01 pm by aWac9 »

aWac9

« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2019, 05:45:48 pm »

I've been looking at the values in the planet.cfg file and they have shot up .. I wonder what happened to those values appear ..
only the planet.cfg file is generated, if I delete it. ???

imagen valores planet_cfg by , en Flickr

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2019, 06:36:04 pm »

values shot high ? doesn't seem so high to me. Anyway if you refer to the clouds, snow, waves, weather parameters..they have been set by my weathermaker mod (that you used). It sets the sea, wave and weather states and normally that should not be a problem. At least for me it doesn't cause any problems but also I can't image how this could corrupt the terrain and make outerra unstable as you have shown
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 06:39:52 pm by fly77 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2019, 02:44:23 am »

Did you try to remove world.cfg?

aWac9

« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2019, 04:52:13 am »

Yes, I deleted the world.cfg, eng.cfg and the iomap folder and it remains the same ,,

I have a backup copy of the earth7 folder dated 09/24/2019, I was thinking about replacing it. ???

aWac9

« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2019, 05:04:55 am »

security folder installed ,, and still the same

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2019, 05:17:01 am »

That's unlikely to be caused by the data. On newer AMD hardware there's a bug that may cause an erratic flow of time reported by the GPU, that sounds more like it, if it doesn't stop when the config files are removed ...

aWac9

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2019, 04:46:11 am »

error .
With the update of AMD drivers I have greatly improved the sudden jumps of images.
One of the mistakes I have is the sudden jump from day to night ..
thanks

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:27:14 pm by aWac9 »

aWac9

« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2019, 09:23:33 am »

indeed the problem is the controller ,, it had been updated to 19.12.2 AMD and yesterday it was impossible to use outerra ,, the jumps were continuous and towards infinity ..
Today I installed a very old driver, 2018 (version: 18.7.1) and it works for me, so far I have not had problems and outerra has returned to live.
Surely there will be drivers of more recent dates that work, but I stop here.

bugsblake

• jedi master
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2020, 11:26:50 pm »

no update in over 6 months! is this dead now? and what ever happened to the antiworld game? sorry to say this but its how I feel, it seems to me ever since you sold this to the army, you really don't care for the supporters that put you on the map in the first place! I enjoyed making car mods for this engine many years ago but seeing the lack of updates ever, I gave up as it seems you have very little time for it yourself! I think its sad as this had so much potential one day, but that day has long past! I think your very lucky to still have the people behind you that still bother to come here! I only pop in a few times a year now and im never surprised to see nothing new! if only you released some tools so people could do something with this, but I know that like the game and updates, will never happen! I wish you luck for the future but you must know after the way you have treated this, you will never have any success with future titles! anyways ill check back for a reply in a few months or next year maybe as stopping by is really not worth it anymore, its always such a disappointment!
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2020, 01:16:09 am »

Hi bugsblake !  I am relatively new here...around here since a few years...and I know/use and appreciate your models..and the models of many other modders and fans that were here since the early days of outerra. So I can fully understand your disappointment...I guess as it was looking very promising from the beginning you and many others (probably all of you) expected to get something more and more quickly .. Nevertheless I suggest you to reconsider partly your disappointment for the following reasons:
1) you actually peeked in the forum at a moment which is very close to the next release..which I am sure will be a BIG ONE...(see quote from cameni below...but its going to be probably much more than that)
2) for tools: actually besides the model import and scenery editor that you well know a VERY POWERFUL tool is there since a long time...which is the outerra API documentend on github...I used it to create lots of special effects, and actually some mods that allow limited gameplay, ..so if you're willing to dive into programming we actually have already enough tools to start making some really cool "limited" gameplay mods
3) I am confident that "the game" is now closer than ever ...as my understanding is that devs finally now have more financial freedom to care about it (thanks also to money from Titan collaboration) ...and they do care for sure.... it seems to me they're now "fully" going to focus on that ...and of course I agree with you that those of us who bought the tech-demo should get the game for free once its out...on steam or wherever.

So here is the latest update (from a few weeks back from cameni here on the forum) . So I hope to still see you around here sometimes and getting once more involved in mods, possibly using more of the already available tools of outerra  ;) ...and another suggestion: peek in again in no more than a few months for a really BIG UPDATE. (final comment:  just don't expect that you get a "thing" like Unity....we have bought the "tech demo" and will get all its updates and sooner or later for free "a game"...not full access to all the stuff that makes up an engine...I think that should be clear...at least this is what I understand from devs posts..and for me its perfectly OK) 

Ok guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Things went even more quiet than usual in the second half of 2019, thanks to a couple of things happening.

First a large, long term project we participated on ended, technically successful but with no subsequent big deals materializing. That participation cost us a lot of time and resources, and while the funds from it allowed us to continue working on and enhancing the engine and the world data it needs, it didn't fruit into what we hoped for - a situation that would allow usexpanding and freeing our hands to focus on our own game development plans, in addition to the work that continuously needs to go into the engine itself.

Still, the outcomes of the project were useful in bringing several things into OT, that would be otherwise much harder to come by, for example the 10m imagery and forest mask data, worth >$100k.

Subsequently, a few of the old devs also felt exhaustion from the complex and neverending effort of building the world engine, and left in pursuit of easier targets.

But ultimately all these things led to positive changes.

We've updated our licensing deals with our existing partners. It means that you can (possibly) expect to see entertainment games and/or simulators based on the OT engine in the future, but the deal also includes measures to make our licensees less dependent on us and considerably lower the amount of support we have to provide. We still need to support and develop the engine and the world, but we now have a lot more space for our own development on top of the engine.

Also very importantly, the working atmosphere in our rejuvenated team is also a lot brighter now.

So, what's coming? New x64-only release is around the corner, with new Earth8 datasets including imagery and forest data and global buildings, 3D trees (wip species coverage), global weather, cloud shadows, scriptable scenery objects, character stuff etc.

At the moment we are still fixing some glaring bugs and preparing servers to handle the new data. There's also a plan to release the full data as a DLC on Steam for people who do not want to have the data downloaded progressively, but the whole package for reduced resolution data (40m color, 20m tree map) is currently ~160GB (10m full data package would be around 500GB).

Anteworld stays to be a sandbox game for enthusiasts, but like I said we've now got much more time to work on our game stuff, and a better aligned team as well.

At last, I thank you all for your unbelievable patience ^-^

TLDR: We are still alive and stubbornly working on the thing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:18:52 am by fly77 »

Jagerbomber

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2020, 02:24:37 pm »

Link to the forum from the main website is broken again.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

2eyed

« Reply #192 on: August 01, 2020, 01:50:08 pm »

When?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #193 on: August 01, 2020, 04:18:17 pm »

After Holidays ?

inactive

« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2020, 06:37:08 pm »

Whenever the update drops, it hopefully will be worth the wait. I cant wait for the building support to be added. It'll be so much more fun to explore cities around the world, because they wont be just roads and grass anymore. The satellite imagery should also make the game look a lot more visually appealing. What i really hope to see one day though is multiplayer. I'd love to get together with friends and people like aWac and fly and explore the world together.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14