Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vehicles jumping like crazy for some reason  (Read 9621 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Vehicles jumping like crazy for some reason
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 02:48:15 am »

Ok this is likely a problem with some late patches for old Nvidia GPUs, and AMD 7k series taking the same code path erroneously ...
Working on a fix.

Channel76

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 04:11:30 am »

Thank you so much for your work. You are doing a great job and Outerra never looks so wonderful. Really excited to see what's coming next!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2018, 08:03:59 am »

So the problem is in newer AMD Catalyst drivers. Back in November 2017 I reported a bug in some timing functions on AMD Vega GPUs. It was fixed some time early in 2018, but apparently the new drivers now broke the same timing functions on 7xxx series.

As a temporary workaround you can install Catalyst from around November 2017 the vehicles will work ok. See https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7970 for older drivers.

Channel76

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2018, 11:30:41 am »

So the problem is in newer AMD Catalyst drivers. Back in November 2017 I reported a bug in some timing functions on AMD Vega GPUs. It was fixed some time early in 2018, but apparently the new drivers now broke the same timing functions on 7xxx series.

I've just installed the latest AMD Catalyst drivers 18.8.1 (optional) released on 17 august 2018 and the issue is almost completely gone (there still some little glitches on ground vehicles). Please note that the 18.8.1 version is marked as "Optional". The latest "stable" version is the 18.5.1, but the good one seems to be the 18.8.1.

JakeRS

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2018, 04:49:47 pm »

I also installed the newest optional drivers and it works, even one a 2013's entry level ddr3 card. Strange that it didn't work with any of the last 3, 4 drivers I tried with, but now it finally works, I only drove the truck and I'm not really sure if there are glitches or not, but overall it works now.

Also while entering the game after installing the new drivers, there was a new patch that installed, so maybe the patch is the reason why it started working and not the new drivers...or both, I don't know.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 03:19:56 am »

The patch has got some helper clamping so the issue is not that visible even with bad drivers, but you may see some glitches as the interpolation does not work at all in that case.

I tested Catalyst 18.8.1 but the problem is still there.

JakeRS

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 03:29:06 am »

The only kind of problem I have now is steering with a keyboard, since my steering wheel broke and the truck seems a little hard to steer with the keyboard, what can I change in the physics box to change that?
Pages: 1 [2]