Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: VR problems  (Read 4758 times)

bongodriver

VR problems
« on: August 26, 2018, 06:13:01 am »

VR has still received no love I see. is there any hope we can see improvement? I only want to be able to use the menu but the mouse cursor just vanishes if I breathe on the mouse.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:43:57 pm by cameni »

2eyed

Re: VR
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:17:57 pm »

VR has still received no love I see. is there any hope we can see improvement? I only want to be able to use the menu but the mouse cursor just vanishes if I breathe on the mouse.
Atm mouse behaviour is a minor problem. With the newest build, Rift support, while still in, is broken. It seems that left/right eye view is reversed. As stated by the devs, the newer versions will have (only) Vive Pro support, because they can't get their hands on a Rift in Slovakia. Oculus is not shipping to this country. This is what the devs said. I still hope they are doing an OpenVR port (a Valve/Steam thing) to get Rift on board again.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: VR problems
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 02:54:28 pm »

This version was not supposed to have any modifications in VR. We are reworking VR support in a separate code branch, but it was not yet ready for release. Unfortunately something broke in this build, and we are fixing it.

As stated by the devs, the newer versions will have (only) Vive Pro support, because they can't get their hands on a Rift in Slovakia. Oculus is not shipping to this country. This is what the devs said. I still hope they are doing an OpenVR port (a Valve/Steam thing) to get Rift on board again.

Not entirely right - we can get Rift in Slovakia, several retailers are selling it. Oculus/FB is just not selling it directly from their store, and when I asked them what's the state of my Kickstarter Edition Rift I was supposed to get 3 years ago, one of the excuses they made was that Rift is not supported in Slovakia and it may not work because mysterious ways.

Without a plugin VR rendering system we can have only one VR back-end linked in our executable, so the decision to drop Oculus was easy after this. Some next version will use only OpenVR back-end, supporting SteamVR directly. Oculus should still work through SteamVR as countless apps do.

2eyed

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 03:37:09 pm »

Okay, thanks for the clarification cameni.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 05:00:43 pm »

because mysterious ways.

Ooh, spooky.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

stalkerhawk

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 06:03:43 pm »

Any news about HTC VIVE or SteamVR support ?