User mods, screenshots & videos > Other

runway lights for outerra

(1/6) > >>

fly77:
Most recent updated version at the end of the post

As a passionate flightsimmer I found that what was missing in outerra are runway lights.
While it has been already done by langedon https://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2705.msg38796#msg38796   I found his mod was somewhat difficult to place correctly on many runways, especially those that are not really level. Also javascript needs to be edited to adapt it to different runway widths and lengths.

Here is an alternative solution : it is a set of individual tarmac-lights, red, yellow, white and blue colored that can be placed in the scenery editor at will on any runway (or for the matter of fact everywhere you like as coloured lamps) to "assemble" any runway lighting system...with the only limitation that the number of light used should be limited in number possibly below 50-100 depending on the system you have.

download from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tcuv3ve95qf7m4/AACaetxaVIGtRkvkwiyIv4hLa?dl=0

here a demonstrative video of what you can do with the lights. Unfortunately I do not understand which colors need to be placed in which location and so this is only for demonstrative purposes

instructions:

install by clicking on the "tarmac-light.otx" file.

To use the light open the scenery editor inside outerra pressing F7 key
Under "assets" search for "tarmac-light" drag and drop the lamp of desired colour to the desired location in the scenery and manipulate in the usual way
as for placing buildings and other objects to orient and adjust the height. Close the scenery editor.

In "ufo mode" go near to a lamp that you have placed.

To switch on a lamp you need to go "inside" it.
This is because lamps are using the vehicle script and thus behave as vehicles except that they don't move.

To enter the lamp go near to the pole. Press "enter". The lamp normally will have switched on. 
If not it is because you have approach the lamp from the wrong direction and/or are too near or too far.You need to practice.

exit the lamp pressing the "enter" key as you do normally for exiting vehicles

press key  "J" to increase light intensity

press key "K" to decrease light intensity

To switch the lamp off again: enter the lamp once again then press L. the lamp will switch off

eventually by pressing L again the lamp will switch on again if desired

exit the lamp pressing pressing the "enter" key.

-----

if many lamps have been placed in the scenery editor, once they have been switched on individually as described above
they can subsequently be switched on or off alltogether by just entering one of them.

aWac9:
it looks good, very funny ... with these things we can guide ourselves at night and land ...
Thank you

:)

fly77:
Thanks. This is of course only the starting version for runway lights. Maybe I should add some flashing lights as well and bidirection red green lights  like this. Also shape of lights probably is different from what I did. My only fear is that framerate drops a lot as you place more and more lights. I will try and see if I can make emissive textures. At the moment I don't know how to do them. Any help is welcome !

fly77:
Added green light as well..redownload from above. Not directional so far.

aWac9:
the lights in this individual way also give a lot of play, since you can use them for different landscapes.
for example.

to enjoy it better you can click to the right of the youtube video where it says zoom, that is, press F
 ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version