Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Low flight above forest...  (Read 40706 times)

Jagerbomber

Low flight above forest...
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »

Quote from: Abc94
That or you could hire someone to fly it around all day.   :P

Dibs!
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

tknudsen

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:18 am »

+1

Tottel

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »

Actually.. an extension of the "request a screenshot of a certain location":

Outerra broadcasted live, and you can request a location to fly to! :D

.... I would gladly volunteer to fly around and take people's requests.. ;D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 06:07:41 am »

Not to knock flight simmers much.. But this is the least climactic video I have ever seen...

[video][/video]

Thousands of dollars and that is literally as exciting as it gets.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Tottel

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

... Seems like a very exciting person.

Not to be rude, but the first thing I'll do when an interactive outerra demo is available is crash the plane. ^^

corona

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 09:04:04 am »

Quote from: ZeosPantera
Not to knock flight simmers much.. But this is the least climactic video I have ever seen...

Thousands of dollars and that is literally as exciting as it gets.

So what, different people like different things.
Nobody mocks you for shooting the nth bad guy of the day while proclaiming l33t victory.

I would love to have a setup like this, and the guy probably enjoys himselves. As would I. I'd rather practice ILS approaches than run around fragging people. You may find that boring.

OGREMAN

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 02:40:21 pm »

Ohh no ... this Vid gives us a view into the world of a particular catagory of simmer, I call them the "rubber dogsh*t out of Hong Kong brigade", they are into the system monitoring thing of the sort that long haul freight and passenger pilots do. Its all very technical and severly tedious, certainly NOT representative of flight simmers by any stretch.

If you would like to see examples of a true state of the art flight sim on PC view the fan videos on you tube for the latest DCS sims of a10c or Black shark, this one is more like it....  
 Point to note about the sim in the Black Shark is that you are sitting in a fully 3D interactive virtual cockpit where every switch dial and button actually functions correctly and the flight dynamics is so close to the real thing that pilots use the sim for training puposes.
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.
\"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun;  The frumious Bandersnatch!\"

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 04:39:49 pm »

Well considering I am the one who is recommending Airships as a travel option in outerra slow and boring seems to be right up my alley. And I am terrible at FPS games to the point that I find it offensive to judge me otherwise.

Helicopter sim's are a bit more active and engaging. Guess it comes down to the amount of time you are alloted not actively participating at the controls before death occurs.

This is more how I spend my weekends.  [video][/video]
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

richiebogie

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 08:09:46 pm »

Hi Angry Pig,

That dense foliage is great for rainforest.

In dry sclerophyll forest, or what I call fireforest, the eucalypts have sparse leaves. They grow fast and slender, often dropping flammable material which resists decay!

Dangerous stuff.

In relation to dropping leaves in winter, remember this is only deciduous trees. Evergreen trees with regular leaves (not just needles) are found near the equator and southern hemisphere... both rainforest and fireforest.

You may already know all this, or expect to find out when you are ready!

Richard.

Averythegreat

Re: Low flight above forest...
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »

hello, very much enjoying the tech demo but i only have 2D trees. How do i get 3D trees?

Jagerbomber

Re: Low flight above forest...
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2016, 12:42:05 am »

No 3D trees yet.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P
Pages: 1 2 [3]