Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Occulus DK1 Support (Split Screen is not correct measurments)  (Read 2110 times)

Timmy777

Occulus DK1 Support (Split Screen is not correct measurments)
« on: December 28, 2018, 09:07:27 pm »

I've tried to get DK1 running on Outerra without the Tracking. I've installed 0.6 Driver Kit, enabled Split Screens with ALT + ;
But I noticed the camera's are off, when I put the googles it seems like it's off maybe bye 20 to 30 cms? I tried chaning the IPD 6.4 but didn't change anything. You don't get the VR effect, you get crossed eyed, motion sickness quickly.

I'm running at 1280x800 the Native Resolution on DK1.

Is there away to move the camera's? in SPLIT SCREEN to make sure they alight with correct IPD?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Occulus DK1 Support (Split Screen is not correct measurments)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 05:23:08 am »

There was an emulation mode for DK1, not sure if it still works but you may try.
In eng.cfg, section stereo, stereo_type = 1.

Default is 0 for SBS, which uses eye_separation and convergence values for adjustments.

Timmy777

Re: Occulus DK1 Support (Split Screen is not correct measurments)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:20:50 am »

I tried but it failed. I did end up getting the VR going in split screen, It happened when I corrupted the cfg file. It defaulted to a not fullscreen at 1280x800 in my primary monitor) and the VR worked, when it goes into full screen then it's goes off. It wasn't perfect a little of the right had data from the windows desktop. I was running in Windows Duplicate screen. But it was working 90%.

The player camera seemed a little high, and ratio's seemed a little wrong, but it worked. Without head tracking it quickly gave me motion sickness.

Hopefully Outerra gets the implementation of STEAM VR in the near future, and I shall try again.

Some of the new Mixed Reality are now pushing 1440x1440 per eye.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.