User mods, screenshots & videos > Vehicles

road traffic for outerra ?

(1/3) > >>

fly77:
While waiting for road traffic to appear in outerra - hopefully - I thought it would be nice to try do something by ourselfs, using some self-driving vehicles spawned on the outerra road network. Here is a first promising trial - for the moment on a test-track - using a vehicle test chassis and very basic decision making algorithm. As I scripted this in a few hours it seems quite feasible to get some nice road traffic by ourselfs, keeping a few cars driving randomly around outerra roads so that we are no longer driving around on desert streets. Maybe spawn some police cars as well !  ;).  Suggestions are wellcome !

aWac9:
It's a good start .. I was missing the pollution

:)

andfly:
I absolutely adore any implementation of AI or Pseudo_AI.
You had a great idea!

I hope you will continue to develop it ... :)

fly77:
Hi andfly. I agree. Its amazing to see objects coming to autonomous life in outerra. There are so many open possibilities. I also would like to have airtraffic. As roadtraffic seems simpler to me to master..but maybe I am wrong..I start off with autonomous vehicles. Its fun to learn how to take best decisions to keep the car on track..possibly driving on the right side of the road and learn how to come back onto the road in case it gets out of control.

fly77:
Today I made some progress with AI cars for outerra road traffic or racing....looks promising and is quite fun !  =D  Need some improvement in maneuvering  :-[ Unfortunately the car has no "knowledge" of the map, just locally senses the road. Kind of driving "blind"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version