Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Get ready for the tank battle ! Upgraded abrams tank mod with lots of animations  (Read 4879 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

It's my pleasure to share here with you my upgraded abrams m2a1 tank mod including lot's of new features, making it much more useable and fun, allmost ready for battle :

It includes a completely revised shooting animation, new custom fire and explosion sounds as well as smoke during firing and impact.
The tank gun can be set to autolevelling to keep a constant firing distance while driving on rough terrain.
Simulation of gun recoil is also included
Moreover for greater realism shooting is enabled only after switching on "master-arm".
You can also set the tank to "autoshooting" mode so that you can exit the tank and experiment what it feels to get hit by a tank shell !
The tank's machinegun is now active for shooting as well.

Different camera views are added, including internal driver, commander and ammunition loader views as well as 2 turret views and 2 external views
Turret and driver hutches can now be opened/closed.
I also added lights for driving, internal lights and turret lights.
Finally the tank driving sound was upgraded.

A great thank to the developers who already preconfigured the tank for easy modding including lots of features such as the detailed interiors and
model bones and several sounds in the original package file. It was just a matter to use them by modding the javascript file.

Ready for battle ? A demonstrative video showing all these functionalities is here (sorry for some audio lag, apparently due to my recording)

Download the model from here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hxx6j8j6991buhc/AABNTAXcxQb5Pwr48_dfY8NSa?dl=0

Instructions:

Installation is done in two steps:

• first copy the folders "tank-ammunition" and "bullet" into your outerra folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\outerra

second click on the self-installing "abrams_m1a2_fly77.otx" file.

This will add a new tank recognizable by its fly77 icon to the F2 vehicles menu.The original abrams tank is not overwritten. It still can be accessed through the F2 menu but
probably you will not use it anyway after this fun to play upgrade :-)

Notes: the installation installs the tank mod into fly77 package folder ( C:\Users\...username....\Outerra\packages\fly77\abrams_m1a2_fly77 )
and in addition cannon and machiene gun bullets in outerra root directory ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\packages\outerra )
While the tank cannon and machine gun bullets are not visible during operation of the tank so far, they can be accessed through the scenery editor
by searching under assets for "bullet" and "tank-ammunition" to place them in a scenery for decoration.

Commands:

Driving: as usual
w to drive forwards,
a and d to drive left and right
s to break
use space bar to park vehicle after breaking
r for reverse
e for engine on/off

Cameras:
press v repeatedly to switch through different first person view cameras (driver view, two turret views, two internal views, two external views)
and shift+v to go back
press c for external camera view
numpad +/- to zoom in or out when in first person view camera mode

Shooting:
turn turret with arrow keys left/right,
move up down gun (mantlet) with up/down arrow keys
to toggle on/off shooting with the tank gun enable "master arm" pressing key J
to enable/disable autolevelling of tank gun press key P
to fire with the tank gun press the left mouse key
to shoot with the turret machine gun press key F
to enable/disable "autoshooting" press key K after having enabled master arm and autolevelling. (shoots every 15 sec, maybe changed in the javascript file: set variable autofire_int to a different value)

Lights:
press L to toggle on/off driving lights
press shift + L to toggle on/off internal lights
press shift + N to toggle on/off turret lights

hutch open/close
press home/end to open/close driver hutch
press pgup/pgdown to open/close commander hutch
press ins/canc to open ammunition loader hutch

known bugs: unfortunately for the moment you can spawn just a single abrams_fly77 tank at a time functioning properly.
Spawning a second one screws up the shooting (first tank only will fire) and camera views. This also happens when you spawn a second tank in a new location choosen through F2.
So to use the tank in a new location you need to exit and reenter outerra in that other location.
I'll try to fix this in a new upgraded version, possibly including also aiming to get ready for a tank battle. :-)
Meanwhile you can use up more than one tank by spawning several default abrams_m2a1 tanks in addition to ONE abrams_fly77 tank.

Enjoy !

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:06:34 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

hello fly 77 magnificent work .. thank you very much ..
a question: where do I find the file "abrams_m1a2_fly77.otx" ?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

Sorry for the mistake i am uploading it now. Done. you can find it now. Enjoy !
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 12:41:27 pm by fly77 »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!

Very cool!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

Thank you for your appreciation. I just now recognized that the otx file used the wrong javascript with bad gun autoleveling. Gun autoleveling is very important for good aiming. Correcting the otx file and uploading it now. DONE. Now the correct otx is loaded. please redownload and sorry for the inconvenient. Too much hurry.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:07:41 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

It has a lot of game we just need to add shot calculation

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 10:19:20 am by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

yes, definitely shot calculation would be needed plus at least a score count. Then it would be nice also to have damage effects on vehicles or buildings and mabe have AI adversaries.  Lets see.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:26:18 am by fly77 »

aWac9

Everything will go.  :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

Thanks to cameni I am advancing in destroying outerra world !   =D =D =D

sniperwolfpk5

I saw the video. Well done @fly77. Amazing work, appreciate your hard work and keep up these goodies.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder

Thank you very much. There is so much to be discovered in modding outerra that certainly i will not stop any time soon.