Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: animated interactive buildings  (Read 3295 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
animated interactive buildings
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:41:04 pm »

Here is a short demonstration testing the interactive building concept. This should be the first step towards creating physical explorable buildings with interactive furniture lights doors and windows in outerra.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 04:14:46 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

Re: animated interactive buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:04:38 pm »

I like your work.
brings added value to the community ..  :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »

Thanks aWac9. This one has been stimulated by a request from Revolver to animate and light up his hangar...still working on it but will soon be ready. Combining the great artwork of Revolver with some of the features developed by me and smart insight from andfly will bring us by small but precious steps closer to a game. I feel its possible  ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 04:10:39 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »

I still wonder if there are other more straightforward ways to "glue to the ground" animated models so that the only possible movements are those defined in the javascript of the model, while eliminating all other sources of movements resulting from physical interaction with the terrain and other models/physical objects (provoked by the models collision boxes). Could animated models (those that are associated with a javascript) be defined without any collision box?
It seems that what allows the model to stay on the earth surface is its collision box. If the collision box is not properly defined the model can drop partially into the ground with just the collision box itself remaining above ground.

I found that in outerra there is indeed one animated model that is totally stable against any physical interaction with other objects/models ...it's the mercenary !  Interestingly this model seems to have no javascript...or at least I could not find it. Also as opposed to vehicles the mercenary model is able to walk through most other objects, in particular through any kind of building as if it had no collision box active with respect to hitting these other objects. Kind of  breaking newtons law of "action and reaction": the mercenary just "reacts" but doesn't "act" on other objects..or at least not on houses. This seems to make it so stable. Would it be possible to set such a "one-sided collision" property as for the mercenary or even "no collision at all"  in a javascript of a model by some command while still allowing it to stay on the earth's surface ?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 04:25:54 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 10:21:22 am »

Probably the most boring video I ever made  =D:
waiting for the clock tick !!  ....you have no patience ? then skip to 0:50
Its part of of the work going on with the animated hangar by Revolver, to be released soon.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:23:36 am by fly77 »

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 02:15:34 pm »

Sieht cool aus! Danke Fly! ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

aWac9

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:44:33 am »

to see if I understand it ... do you mean that this clock will adapt to the different uses of outerra schedules? or do I imagine impossible things?

::) :o

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 05:55:37 am »

Maybe I have not understood your question. The clock marks the local time. It is part of the new hangar model of revolver which I am trying to animate. As in outerra there is no in-game clock (besides the one accessible through F2)
knowing what time is it in general of course is useful for lots of things....flight schedules...duties to complete within a certain hour etc... This clock is attached to the hangar but I can imagine a wristwatch as well that a character can wear or why not a clock in a plane. There are so many possibilities that I now know how to do (or at least I can imagine how to do) that I have not the time to do them all. However step by step some will become reality. ;)  For sure the animated hanger is allmost ready for publishing and it will be quite cool ! :)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 06:52:40 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 01:53:24 pm »

I like it  :)