Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Animated and illuminated WW2 hangar  (Read 2983 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Animated and illuminated WW2 hangar
« on: May 19, 2019, 10:14:31 am »

It's my pleasure to share with you - also on behalf of revolver - an animated and illuminated WW2 hangar based on a super-high-quality model by revolver, to which I added on his request lights and animated light switches as well as an animated clock, some sound and physical collision on all walls and furniture (try to throw a football at any object to see the effect).

Download the self-extracting otx file of the animated hangar from here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rl0vs2dlkfr21l/hangar-animated.otx?dl=0

A somewhat lengthy demonstrative video showing the high quality work of revolver and illustrating all animation features of the hangar as well as the Wiesbaden-Erbenheim airport scenery is here.

The hangar is accessible only from the scenery editor (F7 key, under assets search for "animated-hangar") to place it in a scenery.
Please view the instruction video below on how this is done. To start using the hangar I strongly suggest to also download the
airport Wiesbaden-Erbenheim (Germany) scenery. At this military airport I have set-up several of them so that you can immediately see them in action.

Download the Wiesbaden-Erbenheim airport scenery from here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10a_6AbAMSZq0VWfK4Mi870HG8UGSLicv/view?usp=sharing

Installation: click on self-extracting otx file to install the scenery. Installation will only affect few km around Wiesbaden-Erbenheim but for precaution back-up your cache and user-packages folder usually located in
outerra installation disk....:\Users\...username..\Outerra\cache
outerra installation disk....:\Users\...username..\Outerra\packages

To switch on the lights/animations each hangar needs to be activated first as it is based on a vehicle script. To do so locate the red arrow in right back corner of the hangar and go near
to it and press ENTER twice looking at the arrow.

Once activated the hangar, to switch on lights move close to the switches and lights will automatically switch on. To switch off lights move away from the switch some meters and then approach it once again.
In the scenery you will also find some of my previous models, namely streetlights and floodlights. You can switch them on one by one by moving close to them and pressing ENTER twice as done for activation of the hangar.

To set the clock use F2  from the outerra meu or shift + up down arrows on the keyboards.

Enjoy !
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:08:49 pm by fly77 »

josem75

Re: Animated and illuminated WW2 hangar
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 02:05:16 pm »

Wow. What a damm beautiful job. Thank you very much Fly77 and Revolver

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:11:06 pm »

Thanks josem 😊  try it out

aWac9

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:32:38 pm »

Well done fly77, thank you very much and Revolver for that really beautiful model.
great contribution.
 :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:21:36 pm by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 03:03:15 pm »

Thanks aWac9. Collaborative work can lead us forwards much faster  ;) Revolver's models are incredible indeed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:11:26 pm by fly77 »

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »

Hi all.

I thank all, gentlemens! And of course a special thanks goes to Fly77 for its program development for light and animation etc.
Thank you, Marco! ;)

Gruß,
Stefan
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)