Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: work on bk117 helicopter  (Read 8880 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: work on bk117 helicopter
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2019, 04:55:49 am »

I think the config value should be returned from your initialize() method in script, like this: return {config:"..."}

The frozen position - that's possibly done by the init window itself, it's pausing the aircraft after the setup. Doesn't the space key unpause it?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 05:02:59 am »

OK space key indeed unblocks the plane after having brought up the config window with tilde (or @) .
For the other method (pressing t) ...that I understand better because I know which config file it is reading...
I have indeed done as you say if I understand right but still no effect. I notice that with the "t" key "reset roll" and "reset pitch" buttons do not even reset the sliders ..which on the contrary happens when bringing up the config window with tilde. Is the tilde key launching the html inside www and the t key the one inside config folder ? If so maybe I need to include something else inside config folder  ? I noticed inside www there is also  "outerra_ui.css" so adding this as well to the config folder make sthe reset buttons act on the sliders..but no still no action on the plane.. something else missing ? I copied all the stuff from ww inside config but it does not change anything.

Anyway ...I can live with the "tilde key"  solution....but the reason why I like that window is that I imagine to use it to set other parameters ..as I said for instance set the fuel of the plane. ...set other variables of the javascript like light switches,amount of ammunition..etc..or properties that I could define in JSBSIM XML file...like autopilot switch...so the main question is ...is this possible with this kind of html file ?

Code: [Select]
function initialize(reload)
{

return {config: "config/aircraft.html"}; 
}

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:15:58 am by fly77 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 01:56:55 pm »

What you mean by no effect? Window doesn't open?
But then you wrote
I notice that with the "t" key "reset roll" and "reset pitch" buttons do not even reset the sliders
If you just copied the original ~ window, then it won't work as that one used some ancient api to set the values. With config window you need to work like you did with vehicles.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 02:14:48 pm »

by "no effect" I mean the config window opens and I can act on sliders and buttons  but the attitude (roll/picth) and altitude/speed of the plane doesn't change when I change the correspondig values in the config window.
OK I see the "airplane.html" inside www uses some old api...while the "vehicle_config.html" inside the t817 folder uses the new api. So I need to rewrite the "airplane.html" following the "syntax" of the "vehicle_config.html".
Will try. But what about my general question ? Can these kind of window be used to set values other than wheelparams or plane attitude/position/speed..I liek to use the to configure other attributes of vehicles and planes...such as variables defined in javascript or properties I define in JSBSIM XML file.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 02:17:04 pm »

Yes, I think I mentioned that elsewhere - the config window gets access to the vehicle object you open it on, allowing you to call methods on it that can change any properties available through the vehicle/aircraft API.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 02:31:35 pm »

Great news !! I missed that. Will try to use it to configure autopilot setpoints, armour amount and type as well as fuel for the Heinkel. Thanks for the good news..will try  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]