Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Micro Prose "Global scale combat simulators"  (Read 9507 times)

CTR

Micro Prose "Global scale combat simulators"
« on: August 20, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »

https://www.microprose.com/

MicroProse is going to build simulators again -> using outerra as engine! The CEO of TitanIM is involved in the development of the new products.

Contratulations to the outerra team! I hope this opens the door for more resources, to lift this already great engine to the next level.

Jagerbomber

Re: Micro Prose "Global scale combat simulators"
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »

Well they sure made it grittier looking.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 01:38:46 pm »

Great news ! especially if outerra development will also benefit from it and viceversa
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 01:46:37 pm by fly77 »

bomber

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 03:02:23 pm »

Micro prose.... Isn't it defunt ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

aWac9

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 06:00:33 pm »

In outerra's blog, tell who owns TitanIm,,
David Lagettie who in turn bought Microprose in 2018.
David Lagettie (initial founder of Bohemia Interactive BIA) and is currently the owner of the company of Titanim (Australian military simulation company that supports under license to the planetary engine Outerra), although this first game, "Combat Warbirds"/october 2019) that will take off with Bill Stealey (founder in his day of Microprose) and currently owner of Entertainment Network, will use Unreal Engine as an engine.
Although the images are from outerra, it has nothing to do with that microprose game with Entertainment Network.
We hope to hear from you and know if Outerra will be part of a simulator project.
I was wondering ... who can get us out of doubt?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:04:37 pm by aWac9 »

bomber

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:18:46 pm »

I started flying iEN warbirds in 2000.... I was the only bomber flight leader to get a bomber over the target during 'jet day massacre'...... I was a very active member of the warbirds forum and have actually flown online with Wild Bill... This will go south very quickly unless there's a very strong community involvement that is a partnership of equals between the community and commercial..... So if you're looking for authenticity the community has to be the driver of the content and not these guys.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 06:24:14 am »

News from MP....Bf 109 "Emil" Cockpits   :P

https://twitter.com/micro_prose
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

bomber

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 02:43:52 pm »

Can't deny it's not a nice bit of modeling..... a game however is a lot more besides

Revolver

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 06:31:52 pm »

Can't deny it's not a nice bit of modeling..... a game however is a lot more besides

I know to look at what you mostly, but with eyes of 3dr Modeller, was very interesting this. Still I must say honestly that of the right side of the cockpit proves 3 coarse mistakes which prick themselves already very much in the eye. =|

Let's see what happens. ::)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

bomber

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 10:19:55 am »

One of the things that always pricks me in the eye is the amount of paint flaking/damage within the cockpit....

I've sat in a Lancasters cockpit and yes after 70 years of even gentle handling it can look like that, but a plane that's just come off the production line at Castle Bromwich in 1943.... I don't think so.

Revolver

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 08:48:31 pm »

Signs of use (textures) can be changed, so I see that as half as bad. What to do if the aircraft parts are not the same, or fall at all? For me personally, it gets bad when you start to think things out, or worse, invent things instead of sitting down to study what it was really like or built into on one or the other plane.