Outerra Engine > Technology

Welcome to the 'Technology' forum

<< < (2/4) > >>

cameni:

--- Quote from: helio2 ---I have a ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB and a Quad core processor with 4Gbs of Ram. Windows Vista and 7

Could i run this software?
what kind of frame rate could i expect?
--- End quote ---
The engine requires a SM4 class graphics card, so anything from 8800 cards from nVidia and 2000 cards from ATI will do. Although, we still have some problems with ATI cards at the moment, namely the asynchronous readbacks aren't much asynchronous and it results in twitching during the camera movement, as the driver syncs. But we should have a workaround, only very slightly slowing the rendering for ATI cards.
Or ATI fixes their drivers :-)

Frame rates aren't final yet, as there aren't all the optimizations yet, but it's normally playable even with the vast forests rendered.

helio2:
Oh, well i can play Crysis on Max Settings @1440x900 at 50 fps.
Also how are you currently handling the camera movements in the game?
Can you like Look all around, for example look up with the mouse all the way until your upside down, or does it stop at 180 degrees?  Or Can you till the camera with the left and right arrow keys until your upside down? or does the camera track the planet's terrain? how does it work?

cameni:
It entirely depends on the camera controller. The current one is free motion controller and you can do whatever you want, it only stops you one meter from the surface and adjusts the speed by the altitude (slower close to the ground), but otherwise you can turn around in any way and get all the motion sickness you want :-)

helio2:
That's awesome i like motion sickness! Are the camera movements gradual or are they instant? Like when you are just looking around on a spot and you look left , is the speed gradual or instant? Also like when you come to a spot does it decelerate or does it just stop. I guess maybe the equivalent of a speed fade. Not sure if i made sense or not, dont know how to explain it lawlz.

cameni:
As I said it's entirely dependent on the motion controller, so it will be probably different for different vehicles - just what we'll find appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version