Outerra Engine > News

Tech demo - getting closer

<< < (3/13) > >>

Tottel:
I would gladly volunteer for testing as well(ATI firepro M7820 card), but I can imagine it's probably a whole lot of data-streaming.

ZeosPantera:
I presume biomes for desert, jungle and arctic will come later.

Glad to finally see this post!

angrypig:
Hi guys

We bought AMD 6850 last Friday, which should be only slightly slower than NV 460. But in Outerra it looks like it has got only 40% power of the 460 now. I was testing it on AMD 4.2 OpenGL beta driver which is the only public one with fixes we need for Outerra.

Now we need to analyze it and find out what is causing the performance issues. I've already made a few changes, today I will test it again and let you know if it was worth it.

Another news:
I've implemented a basic sound system based on OpenAL. It is very early version so it is not very usable yet, but i was able to add engine sound to the cessna with correct positioning. Doppler effect is sometimes very funny especially when i am flying in UFO mode around the aircraft :)

Abc94:

--- Quote from: angrypig ---I've implemented a basic sound system based on OpenAL. It is very early version so it is not very usable yet, but i was able to add engine sound to the cessna with correct positioning. Doppler effect is sometimes very funny especially when i am flying in UFO mode around the aircraft

--- End quote ---

That's pretty cool.  When you think it's ready enough you should make another video showing the sounds, as well as that weird doppler effect "effect", really curious about what that sounds like.  :P

Bartolomeus:
Yes, awesome news from Outerra!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version