Outerra Apps > Games

buildings

<< < (2/2)

Matt6767:
The only thing wrong with Wurm is that it takes hours to make any progress, it takes 10 minutes just to build one part of a wooden fence. The game is still fun though especially when you work together with other players. Very satisfying when you get a whole fort up.

They should follow Wurm's style of building except without the difficult construction time.

Lucas:
i agree with matt6767. but i think the general idea of the building system is good.

Tottel:
Hours indeed.. Wurm is one of the only games that can make me go "Oh, I'll just play half an hour"; and about 9 hours later, I'm still playing.

It takes a long time to do *anything* but that makes it very rewarding as well. When you see a huge castle in Minecraft, you just think "Not bad."
When you see one in Wurm, you go "My God.. That's insane!".

DarkDXZ:
I heard about Wurm and I think it's quite a good game, however some players aren't very nice and it's quite in-intuitive.

But hey - we, in indie gaming, we have to help each other.

Tribs:
Not sure what the terrain data of Anteworld is, but if its something like a height map then implementing deformable terrain would be relatively easy.

The point height closest to where you stand just needs to be updated by say -0.1 when you complete a dig action, and updated by +0.1 when you drop a dirt. The information change is relatively slow, so their cloud services could transfer the terrain point changes between players in the same area of the globe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version