Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: MS Flight 20 - interresting world generator  (Read 25282 times)

Jagerbomber

Re: MS Flight 20 - interresting world generator
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:33 pm »

MS 2020  multiplayer and some new peeks at their world. 

As someone who played their previous open world game, FUEL (besides creating the Crew 2's world, which... had their signature messed-up GPS  =D ::)), this makes me crazy, and kind of giddy.

Especially when they finally show being landed at somewhere that's not an airport.

Oh my god, I want this to be a driving game so bad.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

aWac9

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 06:38:55 pm »

this voice sounds to us ,, it is very recognizable ,, he made a video analyzing outerra ...
man wants to analyze Flight Simulator 2020 too ... let's hear it.

inactive

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 04:12:04 am »

MS 2020  multiplayer and some new peeks at their world. 

As someone who played their previous open world game, FUEL (besides creating the Crew 2's world, which... had their signature messed-up GPS  =D ::)), this makes me crazy, and kind of giddy.

Especially when they finally show being landed at somewhere that's not an airport.

Oh my god, I want this to be a driving game so bad.
I hope you didn't forget about Test Drive Unlimited 2. Especially their maps. They recreated the entire islands of Oahu, Hawaii and Ibiza, Spain.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2020, 02:06:31 pm »

I never did end up playing those.

FUEL was 14400 square kilometers, 5560 sq mi.
It had Mt. Rainier, the crater lake in Oregon, and the Grand Canyon, and more.

Crazy that The Crew's map was only 1900 sq mi.  Still takes a long time to get across though, but not 4 hrs from corner to corner like FUEL, a trip I made many times.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:17:54 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 02:31:50 pm »

not only that, but when there are few buildings/trees/objects some parts of the scenery risk to look like oldfashioned photoreal flightsim scenery (allthough they are higher resolution).
Add to this baked-in shadows and you will consider the terrain as glued photos

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2020, 01:44:18 pm »

some news and new cool screenshots from microsoft flightsimulator

HiFlyer

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2020, 10:34:19 pm »

Outerra had such promise.........

But as I said on this forum, years ago, there was no real sense of urgency from the developers.

It was said at the time that Outerra would need about ten years to really hit its stride, but as I also said at the time, the world was not in any way likely to just sit around waiting, and Outerra had every possibility of being first to the table and last for dinner.

Which seems to be the case, as world engines with life-sized planets with 21st century, impressive graphics proliferate, while Outerra looks pretty much exactly like it looked years ago, when dinosaurs walked the earth.

I'm rooting for the Outerra guys in theory, but in practice, I feel like time has shown them talking a good game, while nothing much happens.

I hope I'm wrong!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2020, 06:33:25 pm »

But as I said on this forum, years ago, there was no real sense of urgency from the developers.

It was said at the time that Outerra would need about ten years to really hit its stride, but as I also said at the time, the world was not in any way likely to just sit around waiting, and Outerra had every possibility of being first to the table and last for dinner.

Which seems to be the case, as world engines with life-sized planets with 21st century, impressive graphics proliferate, while Outerra looks pretty much exactly like it looked years ago, when dinosaurs walked the earth.

I'm rooting for the Outerra guys in theory, but in practice, I feel like time has shown them talking a good game, while nothing much happens.

I hope I'm wrong!

"world engines with life-sized planets with 21st century, impressive graphics proliferate"   ...yes..but is there any (except the upcoming MS flightsimulator and the other older civil flightsims ) that has the REAL EARTH in the same 3D detail and realism ? It seems to me that most are syntetic fantasy worlds...I don't want to say that this is bad...but outerra beeing a kind of 3D realistic looking  "playable (physical) google earth" (and it will surely become better very soon) remains still kind of unique it seems to me...even after so many years. True that its "just" a sandbox game and probably will stay that for another ...who knows how many years...but its a very enjoyable sandbox.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 06:47:54 pm by fly77 »

HiFlyer

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2020, 08:49:21 pm »

I hope I'm wrong!

"world engines with life-sized planets with 21st century, impressive graphics proliferate"   ...yes..but is there any (except the upcoming MS flightsimulator and the other older civil flightsims ) that has the REAL EARTH in the same 3D detail and realism ? It seems to me that most are syntetic fantasy worlds...I don't want to say that this is bad...but outerra beeing a kind of 3D realistic looking  "playable (physical) google earth" (and it will surely become better very soon) remains still kind of unique it seems to me...even after so many years. True that its "just" a sandbox game and probably will stay that for another ...who knows how many years...but its a very enjoyable sandbox.

I would look at things like Unigine, which actually has many things working that Outerra has talked about, with not much to show, for years. Also VBS blue, and even going back to Proland. Then racing up from behind in capability are Unreal engine and Unity.........

The point being, that the world is not sitting around waiting for Outerra to walk around in a scholarly fog for another decade going Hmmmmmmmmm.... maybe if.........
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2020, 02:21:32 am »

I would look at things like Unigine, which actually has many things working that Outerra has talked about, with not much to show, for years. Also VBS blue, and even going back to Proland. Then racing up from behind in capability are Unreal engine and Unity.........
The point being, that the world is not sitting around waiting for Outerra to walk around in a scholarly fog for another decade going Hmmmmmmmmm.... maybe if.........
You're right...the biggest risk for outerra is that if someone else comes up with a whole earth renderer of comparable or better quality associated to a fully functioning gaming engine then interest in outerra would sharply drop.
VBS4  (or any game based on the enfusion engine from Bohemia interactve) and MS flightsim are the biggest threats to outerra in this regard right now to my knowledge ...as they will be out and playable very soon...(VBS4 is it only for military contractors ??) although until they remain focussed on milsim and civil flightsim respectively they could still leave some room for outerra ...but with all the data that has been accumulated by these studios and their big firepower (infinitely bigger in any regard than the minuscule outerra dev's one ) also this space could shrink or disappear...as they could use this valuable earth data also for other games. I hope ...for outerra...things will not turn this way.
So I hope these new "threats" for outerra will incite the outerra guys to focus on something that finally brings them greater visibility.....unless they have a way to keep outerra living as an engine for use by game studios or other customers....for instance I hope Microprose will use outerra for at least one of its many promised new games...that would give outerra new breathing room and much greater recognition.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 04:45:27 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2020, 05:35:48 pm »

So here we go: microsoft flightsimulator release-date and pricing are now official...releases 18th of august 2020 ...

run  !  outerra run !     :)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-flight-simulator-standard-preorder/9nxn8gf8n9ht?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 07:21:38 am by fly77 »

2eyed

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2020, 04:35:15 am »

This is no race OT could win. Only perhaps concerning the release date of a new build.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2020, 02:51:33 pm »

This is how it should look  =D

« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:06:24 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2020, 05:22:09 pm »

MS flightsimulator world locations.....an explorer's paradise !  :)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:34:19 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2020, 06:04:03 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4