Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: MS Flight 20 - interresting world generator  (Read 25291 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: MS Flight 20 - interresting world generator
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2020, 04:13:20 pm »

nearing the microsoft flightsimulator release date here are some new videorecordings ...looks good....and certainly very good as the next generation flightsimulator..
..but sometimes you see the photoscenery-type look (photos and objects glued to a terrain mesh)...from that point of view outerra is still one step ahead

aWac9

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2020, 11:18:10 am »

rather 1000 steps ahead
juancho airport. Saba Island

HiFlyer

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2020, 08:30:23 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

HiFlyer

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 08:16:55 pm »

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Jagerbomber

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 08:57:40 pm »

I'm sorry, but you accidentally posted a video of The Lion King.....
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

aWac9

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2020, 03:20:21 pm »

we say goodbye to earth7 and compare it to FS2020, it's only fair, ..earth8 is in another galaxy.
:)
there are videos on youtube that compare multiple different games and even software and hardware products and of course FS2020 with XPlane11. and nothing happens.
I compared FS2020 with outerra earth7 and they censor it.
youtube has its rules and I understand it, but it has nothing to do with copyright,. The creator of a song could exercise that right.
About his game, Microsfot too, or Laminar Research .. but not a user .. why? Someone could create a video of outerra with the intention of harming him and outerra would have the right to exercise his property, but the user does not, although he claims that he did it ... it is as if I built a house on a foreign plot and claimed my property .. can not be..
Well, a user has claimed a video that he does not own and they have censored me.
that's why I had to change the video to a place where they only censor you if you violate current laws.
Anyway, I will have to be much more careful, one more warning and they close YouTube .. I still believe in a free internet, so if they want a lawsuit they will not have. :)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vledy

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:44:59 am by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2020, 09:30:37 am »

now that MSFS2020 is out, as well as outerra earth8 we can start to compare them ..what is better in one sim and what is better in the other. Let's start from the best of MSFS:
As expected whenever viewed from the air MSFS shows much greater realism...especially because of the fantastic atmoshpere rendering both in terms of clouds and subtle lighting effects...which when inside a plane give a sensation of realism never seen before in a sim. from this point of view there is huge room for outerra cloud/atmoshpere improvement. Of course also the much higher ground texture resolution contributes to the realism when up in the air. And then there are the absolutely realistic plane sounds which contribute immensely to immersion.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:37:33 am by fly77 »

2eyed

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2020, 01:48:11 pm »

Ground level detail is better overall in OT compared to MSFS. Much better roads and now 3d trees (instead 2.5d in MSFS). 
 OT has procedural rocks and terrain details. DEM in FS is too low res, there are a lot of "melted "mountains with streched textures we all know from FSX. OT is a little hampered by simple lighting, whereas FS has the bells and whistles of a modern engine. Currently both engines are producing pictures at ground level which look always almost the same, no matter where you are on the planet. There's not much diversity. Everywhere the same grass and so on. I think OT could do better and show crops, grain fields and grasslands.

aWac9

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2020, 04:34:08 pm »

wish granted.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2020, 05:28:40 pm »

wish granted.

I can still improve it  (I'll try to add some LODs) so that you can place many more of them ....I wished we knew how to create "corn impostors" for even better performance  ;)

aWac9

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2020, 04:27:59 pm »

116/5000
MFS 2020 pilots have complained about the fps and users themselves have looked for a solution to the screenshots.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/ifle4x/huge_performance_booststutter_reduction_by/

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 10:12:54 am »

MSFS is cool and beautiful, but outerra also is...plus it can be much cooler ...plus it has immensely better framerate ! !  ^-^

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:57:34 am by fly77 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]