User mods, screenshots & videos > Vehicles

Animated windsock responding to weather - release

(1/3) > >>

fly77:
It is my great pleasure to release here an animated windsock based on Revolver's 3D model.

Download the model from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f55u429nu2brsng/AABeIqt5r-zkKXDRhi02X60Fa?dl=0

Installation: just click on the selfinstalling windsock.otx file

The windsock indicates wind-heading and wind-speed according to the following rules.
Also turbulence is modeled to give it a reasonably realistic look when moving in wind.

Use:
As the windsock is modeled as an outerra  “vehicle” (not driveable) you can find it under
vehicles menu (F2 key). Once spawned you can change between first person camera view (v-key) and external camera (C-key) ,
but normally you would exit (ENTER-key) the windsock “vehicle” once spawned.
You can spawn multiple instances of the windsock.

Each windsock can be labeled “windsock” by pressing L key before exiting it.
Observe the effect of wind settings on the windsock by changing the windspeed, windheading and turbulence values in the outerra environment/weather menu (F11 key)

Below is a video and some screenshots illustrating the windsock animation and response to weather changes.

Enjoy !

aWac9:
Flyy77 thank you very much .. amazing .. what a beautiful thing .. it is a beautiful detail inside outerra, really spectacular ,, it means making sense of the object ,, and also moves in the direction and speed of the wind. Great.
A beautiful contribution to the outerra community.
What trees with snowflakes is another project? We will be awaiting your release, it looks great.
:)

KW71:
Cool!

fly77:
Thanks KW71...will be even more cool once I finish my random weather generator :-)

fly77:
Thank you for the very kind words  aWac9.  Animations make outerra more alive  and you can "feel" the weather...so do custom wind, water etc.. sounds...that I will release as a separate mod once its completed. Same with my random weather generator...maybe including some unreliably weather forecast  :)). About the winter tress ...no its not mine...its from KelvinNZ and you can download it from here https://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1451.msg16594#msg16594

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version