Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: camera view problems when attaching animated driver to vehicle  (Read 3583 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
camera view problems when attaching animated driver to vehicle
« on: November 12, 2019, 03:10:56 pm »

When I add a "seat" bone to my boat  blender model (or in fact whatever vehicle model ) as desribed here https://github.com/Outerra/anteworld/wiki/Vehicle-IK:-Steering-wheel  
I am able to get the "hero" have a seat, which is nice.
In the case of a boat he needs to sit in reverse direction.  I can obtain this easily by either rotating the bone pose in blender or applying a joint rotation in the model JS.
However in both cases I have a problem with the fps camera view when "inside the hero"..its always upside down I tried using fps camera rotation
such as "this.set_fps_camera_rot(...)"   but it seems to have no effect whatsoever when "inside hero view" .
So the "inside hero view"  is unuseable unless he sits in forward direction - which as obvious is not the case here.
Is it possible to get a "camera rotation correction" for the hero when he sits pointed towards -y model direction Or do I just have to insist in keeping rotating somehow the seat joint of the "hero" ?

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:54:40 pm by fly77 »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: camera view problems when attaching animated driver to vehicle
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 07:57:07 am »

This is all being reworked right now, with characters as a separate class interacting with vehicles and seats in a proper way. We just need not forget about this type of reverse seats ...

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: camera view problems when attaching animated driver to vehicle
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 08:15:42 am »

I see. Maybe consider also any other possible orientation in this..like sitting sidewise etc..so if I understand right at the moment I can't get the character camera correct in this reverse position. Not a problem. Will update my boat model later when more flexible "character camera" support will be available. Thanks for the answer.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:31:19 pm by fly77 »