Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: nimitz aircraft carrier for outerra (release)  (Read 29078 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: nimitz aircraft carrier for outerra (release)
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 12:35:47 pm »

the game doens't know about booking model, the calculation of armor penetration, the calculation of flooding etc..but you can create the code for it.. that is part of mod creation...and its certainly possible.
My abilities are only enough for a ship model, the software part is not available to me.  :)

Thats great. If you can provide a 3D ship model I can consider the programming part. Usually we need to have a model that can be opened in blender, as it is easy then export it from blender to outerra.

Canopus

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 12:52:56 pm »

Thats great. If you can provide a 3D ship model I can consider the programming part. Usually we need to have a model that can be opened in blender, as it is easy then export it from blender to outerra.
Tell me with ships of what period would it be more pleasant for you to work, the first or the second world wars? I like World War I dreadnoughts better. Models for me are preferable to do in 3D max.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 01:06:47 pm »

Tell me with ships of what period would it be more pleasant for you to work, the first or the second world wars? I like World War I dreadnoughts better. Models for me are preferable to do in 3D max.

World war I is perfectly OK. 3D max is OK as long as long as you can export them in avarity of formats that belnder can import, preferably  .obj or .fbx

Canopus

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 01:18:31 pm »

World war I is perfectly OK. 3D max is OK as long as long as you can export them in avarity of formats that belnder can import, preferably  .obj or .fbx
Well, let's try to "revive" the German cruiser Lutz in the game. I really like it and I just started doing it. Where can I drop you a folder with a file of the model of the case and the source of the drawings that I use to work in 3d max, so that you can see whether it is suitable for a blender or not?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 01:47:10 pm »

you can click on the letter icon next to the post (or select MyMessages in the header of the forum) to private mail me a download link ...
thanks

Canopus

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 02:23:48 pm »

you can click on the letter icon next to the post (or select MyMessages in the header of the forum) to private mail me a download link ...
thanks
I sent you a message, please see.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 02:30:30 pm »

OK thanks. I will try to open it in blender and let you know.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 02:40:14 pm »

yes 210.4  m long and 29 m wide.
cool ! :)

Canopus

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 02:50:54 pm »

I see a problem with anti-aliasing groups that are in 3d max, but in blender they work differently.
https://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=d3086794bb1cb06c38b2f4ce76bb6c2d
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:14:55 pm by Canopus »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 03:21:19 pm »

I don't know what are antialiasing groups. (by the way the image you posted is very small ).  Is it correct that I see just one half of the hull ? you modelled just half ?

by the way I just checked now that it imports into outerra.

Seems OK

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:27:29 pm by fly77 »

Canopus

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 03:28:48 pm »

I don't know what are antialiasing groups. (by the way the image you posted is very small ).  Is it correct that I see just one half of the hull ? you modelled just half ?

by the way I just checked now that it imports into outerra.

Seems OK
the body at this stage of the work is almost symmetrical, when saving in the blender format, the pivots did not stand up correctly, in 3d max it is enough to simply mirror it and remove the extra hawse from the starboard side. When the ship is finished, all its asymmetrical elements will be in place.

Canopus

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 03:34:51 pm »

I don't know what are antialiasing groups.
apparently it was not a correct translation from Google, it was about Smoothing Groups.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »

OK I see. So you think the smootheness is different in your max model than in the blender one ? Some specific part of the hull ?

about mirroring and removing selected parts that is something I can do as well in blender.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:41:34 pm by fly77 »

Canopus

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 03:46:04 pm »

OK I see. So you think the smootheness is different in your max model than in the blender one ? Some specific part of the hull ?

about mirroring and removing selected parts that is something I can do as well in blender.
it is not the smoothness of the model itself that differs, but those parts that should stand out on the model in the blender do not look like this. As far as I remember, a blender uses several adjacent edges for this. for example, an armor belt on a ship should have its own sharp edges and not merge with the rest of the hull.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »

yes I see your max model has these armour belts more clearcut than seen in blender. But it seems this is just a visual artifact of how blender renders.
Once imported into outerra it seems fine, same as your picture. So it looks not correct in blender but actually it will be correct in outerra....well allmost..some parts seem not smooth enough (those triangulations in the hull)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:06:09 pm by fly77 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3