Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How can the community help  (Read 22347 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: How can the community help
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 05:05:46 am »

A Minecraft guy? :D

[deleted]

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 06:34:41 am »

Outerracraft ? :P

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »

Outerracraft ? :P

hmmmm...  ;D sounds like a very excellent idea!

But I thought of something, since the world is so big. I could just pick a single big island and start working on it? Right?... but the problem is!When the updates come... will it influence my work till that time that I have done?

I mean... let me give you an example to be more clear:   So lets say.. I'm waiting 2-3 years for some update with an option of the engine to give the designer the possibility to modify continents and make something more appropriate to the story of the game, cause I see everything is very nice, but it seems like you can use it more for a GTA game or medieval history game of the Earth. So the thing I was saying... if I work on my island 1-2 years till the update appears, and when I use the options to modify lets say Africa ( make it smaller to give the users more content to play) .. and my cities , castles , roads , creatures,etc. are all on Madagascar island where everything is isolated, and they would need to swim or make a boat from sticks and bamboo trees to get inside the lower South-East side of Africa.The thing is I do not want to lose the content I worked on, even if there are updates or newer versions of the engine, or even if I delete Africa in my example here and replace it with some chain of islands like in Indonesia.I want to hear that you guys are doing all you can that a new version or update will be able to use older files, so I may load back-ups in newer versions.

Ah... and yeah... do you plan or have in mind to make it possible for multiple designers / level designers to work in the same time on the content? I mean.. it would be difficult probably to work individually and then try to bring everyone's work in to the same place like in some traditional MMO's , where not every territory is chained and they can lets say use some magical portals (that I hate) to get to the other side of the "planet" ( a straight line made out of a huge piece of polygon board ).In my mind probably something where someone could join your save and work on the same thing.Cause if people have more different versions.. that wouldn't be efficient.But Ha! I guess you already did that!

And will there be able to allow animations like tree's to catch fire from a flaming arrow, and the collision of the fire touches the round bubble collision of other tree's and starting like a big forest fire :D? I mean that kind of particle animation, working on that as well :D?

For Outerracraft!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:03:49 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

GHAO

• Thinking
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »

Awfully sorry to drag up an old thread - but I'm glad Cameni said (paraphrased) 'send in any photographs of your area of the world'. This is something I'd love to do, and I'm sure it would help Kelvinr quite a bit as well - he could focus perhaps on the difficult converting into Outerra files, whilst the minions like me just go around taking pictures. We'd need a new thread, and a hefty moderator with a big hard drive to archive them all.
Pages: 1 [2]