Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Microprose outerra based games ?  (Read 7235 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Microprose outerra based games ?
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:07:10 am »

Some encouraging very recent developments from microprose , who seems to use outerra for some of their upcoming games. Here its latest tweet.

"First post for 2020. This year will see MicroProse release its first games for some time... We will be sharing with you more about this and other games we have in development throughout the year."

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmicro_prose%2Fstatus%2F1221198637776150528&widget=Tweet

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:06:37 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: Microprose outerra based games
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 02:51:19 am »

Some new screens from microprose

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 05:38:17 am by fly77 »

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:12:31 am »

nice ... you should get the bomber Simon quickly, he is a lover of bomber Harris! :P  =D ;)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 09:03:23 am »

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:12:38 am by fly77 »

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 02:56:48 am »

taradadam... nice :)

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 04:16:23 am »

I hope this will finally be an outerra based game

https://twitter.com/micro_prose/status/1280554278021730310?s=20

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:49:31 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 07:32:25 am »

Hi Fly77... . the graphics look great ,, they are great ,, but we don't know where Microprose wants to go with the simulators. I read that they will be arcade-type games, without interacting with the objects ,, (so it discards an important number of communities of this type of games from the 2ª WW ,,,,, which should not be a very large niche), if that it is so ,,, why invest time and money in making a detailed radio station ?. I don't understand it very well. I suppose they will have studied it and they won't be blind, but when someone makes a game they have to know some answers ... who will buy it ... how many? ... is it profitable? ,,, etc. if you do not manage that data, it is preferable to do other things ..., making a game is expensive, very expensive, and if it is aimed at a specific community, the margin narrows even more.
Now ,, if you make a flight simulator where you can interact, it has AI, it has good graphics and it is accompanied by Outerra ,, then the fan can be opened.
I have the impression that Microprose has a hobi, and can afford it.
I have a friend who harvests wine ,, he does it with love, and the products he adds to the soil are natural, there is no pesticide ,,,, but when I beg the grape, the harvest is little and produces little wine ... I think that It is not profitable, but we enjoy so much every time he takes out a bottle and we drink that wine ... it is a pleasure ... I think he can also afford it, I do not, but I have it as a friend.

PD: Nothing would make me as happy as flying through clouds of all kinds with a small plane and all its clickable and operational instruments inside Outerra ... it would be like having a friend.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:01:23 am by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 08:47:07 am »

Hi aWac9
I think this audiopodcast containing interview and discussion with a Microprose team member can give a lot of answers to your questions...and even more....making it more clear what and when microprose will come up with....in short .."where they want to go"  Of course its not outerra related so its uncorrect to post it on the outerra forum ..but its my impression that its also "not excluded" that some of their games will be outerra based...maybe not the mighty eight B17 one. Its a very long podcast but really very interesting for all who love to fly either as sim or as game...from my side I would be extremely glad to contribute with mods to any outerra based game that will appear either from microprose or from the outerra devs themselfs..(if these games will support modding...which maybe is not obvious) . Also it seems that we will get some hints from microprose in the next few months about lots of their upcoming games

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:07:59 am by fly77 »

aWac9

Re: Microprose outerra based games ?
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:45 pm »

a very interesting interview. Thank you..
it was a shame no one asked microprose's relationship with outerra .. it was a shame

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: Microprose outerra based games ?
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 04:17:14 pm »

well...outerra as an engine is not yet even known ..indeed what we as users see is certainly lacking many of the functionalities that other engines usually have ...but as users we don't know all the story ..and that is good so...just wait and see...I have the impression we will discover very soon from microprose itself...as he said in the interview they will release some hints to a "double-digit" long list of games within the next few months...so if there is any outerra based game in their plans or not we will discover from themselfs within the next few months. If there is none then its very unlikely there will ever be an outerra based game from microprose in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:21:57 pm by fly77 »