Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: mig 29 mod with contrails : release  (Read 7745 times)

aWac9

Re: mig 29 mod with contrails : release
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 07:23:47 pm »

Fly77 well done, although I have to admit that I have not yet mastered this camera, at first I gave the H so many times that I appeared in the stratosphere ... I guess I will have to go practicing.
Great job fly77. thanks ... I think I have some other challenge for you ... :) we will see it.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 01:52:03 am »

Great ! I am glad you like it. It takes some time to get used to fly the jet "in remote" ..I also crashed a lot in the beginning..but you will learn quickly. Note that each time vthe camera view is changed by pressing V or C the flyby range and zoom are reset to default so that you don't get lost. So if you think the plane is too far away in any view switch to any other view by pressing C or V or  shift-V to go backwards in the camera sequence.         ENJOY !  :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 02:00:44 am »

Another tip - if you didn't already notice by yourself : if you want a bigger or smaller flyby range you need to do the H or J key presses BEFORE you switch with v to the flyby camera view. That should be obvious..as you first SET the range before you use it

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 12:16:07 pm »

Another mayor improvement would be better engine sounds..unfortunately I have no knowledge so far of how engine sounds are modulated with thrust..approach speed ( doppler effect) etc. In the new MS 2020 they will also be directionally modulated. Would be great if also in outerra there were the possibilities to program sounds in such a way.

aWac9

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 03:29:11 pm »

I don't get a fixed camera position. and I press the H key several times, even if it abuses pressing it many times it sends you to space .. as seen in the video.
Fly77 Is it possible that the user chooses (mouse) the position of the camera just as a viewer would do in a stand and leave it stuck or fixed? something similar to what we did with the keys "uppercase + ESC" but with mobility not with the mouse wheel.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 03:44:45 pm »

How many times did you press H to get catapulted i to space ? Pressing 2 or 3 or max 4 times should be sufficient. Each time you press H the range is increased 1.5 times so 4 times gived 1.5*1.5*1.5*1.5=3.375 times the initial range. I never got into space even pressing 5 , 6 or 7 times H. if it happens to you maybe its something with your outerra settings. ..(if I remember its something that happened to you also in other circumstances..right ?) or you pressed too fast. Try pressing H several times but not so fast one after another.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 05:11:25 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 04:06:45 pm »

The camera is fixed in the sense that it remains located in the same poition but it automatically tracks the plane. If you like I can make an option to disable the automatic plane tracking so that you can freely look around with the mouse and maybe with arrow keys move the camera around (kind of ufo-mode..but while keeping control of the plane) ...no guarantee I can make it..but its worth experimenting.

However I think for flying aerobatics its better that the camera automatically tracks the plane so that you can concentrate on doing your maneuvers instead of having to control the plane with one hand and the camera with the other hand (mouse)....anyway it could be useful for other things
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:29:43 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 09:32:09 am »

Hint for airshow flying:

To best use the H key for aerobatics (where you need a large flyby range) start by flying horizontally levelled at medium speed then press H key several times 4 or 5 or more ..keep your plane flying straight until the plane from far away aproaches the camera. Then start your aerobatics.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:35:07 am by fly77 »
Pages: 1 [2]