Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SPHERE Multifunctional vehicle  (Read 18652 times)

andfly

SPHERE Multifunctional vehicle
« on: May 18, 2020, 02:32:35 pm »

Due to the forced inactivity and confinement "at home" caused by the epidemic of which we are all witnesses and which, especially in Italy, caused enormous inconvenience, I found myself available more free time and I was able to devote myself to passion ( not yet exhausted) to build models for Outerra.

The vehicle I built is the release of the dream of being able to explore the world, at least in a virtual way, in all its aspects and positions, almost without any barrier too evident, a bit like Outerra has accustomed us with its "ufo mode" , but with the addition of a superior (apparent) adherence to reality.

I developed the code exclusively in Javascript, without the support of any DLL and I tried to document its sections ... If you believe that there is some good idea to appropriate ... ...

I noticed that the passion for Outerra does not decrease over time and there are always some enthusiasts who continue to have fun developing new ideas for this fantastic environment.
Especially in this moment there is a great ferment.
I always like the idea of ​​making a contribution.

The explanation of the operation of this model and the various possibilities it is capable of are too vast for this small presentation space: it is more useful to publish the instruction manual link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RRSrv9KI1Q905GWZkyJ0CQNrXJfGWtSU/view?usp=sharing

To download the complete model:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frSK9bfxqWB69RkZhWQPiQ-iSV8g0Ckb/view?usp=sharing

Good fun !!!   :)

A short movie:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:46:35 am by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

josem75

Re: SPHERE Multifunctional vehicle
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 03:53:09 pm »

Omg, The magician is back!  Now we have also another magician, fly77. So its very nice to see you are back.

Thank you for your great adition

Jagerbomber

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 05:36:24 pm »

lol.  Not gonna lie, I was hoping it rolled like a sphere.   :P
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

aWac9

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 05:53:26 pm »

magnificent .. thanks
andfly, you have been out of the matrix too long ,,,, please stay ,, many birds are no longer flying, and summer will come soon ...
greetings and welcome home.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 06:02:45 pm »

Welcome back in outerra ! With an absolutely genius contribution ! Its a lot of fun to explore the outerra world with this fantastic "vehicle" ....a real Game in itself !
I will have to study how it is made very carfully ! The 3D digital numeric displays as well as the holographic screen are absolute masterpieces !  Its a long time that I was wondering how such features could be made....you made it ! It will be the basis for a lot of future mods...

thank you so much of having dedicated your time once again to outerra mods !

:) :) :)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 08:50:54 pm »

Cool! Andfly is back!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 08:51:48 pm »

Omg, The magician is back!  Now we have also another magician, fly77. So its very nice to see you are back.

Right. Italian magic!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

allymotors

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 12:06:41 am »

What a masterpiece!

andfly

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2020, 04:19:33 am »

Thanks, Josem75    :)

It is a momentary return, dictated by the facts of the moment, but certainly pleasant.
I still follow the forum and it's nice to notice enthusiasm in other modders who share the same passion.

I hope they never run out.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 04:22:23 am »

lol.  Not gonna lie, I was hoping it rolled like a sphere.   :P

Hi, Jagerbomber  :)

If you like "extreme" sensations and want to see the sphere roll ... try crashing on the ground at high speed.
You will bounce rolling madly !!!

(in these cases the key combination "ALT + R" can help you regain control of the situation).

andfly

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 04:28:06 am »

magnificent .. thanks
andfly, you have been out of the matrix too long ,,,, please stay ,, many birds are no longer flying, and summer will come soon ...
greetings and welcome home.

Hi aWac9,  thank you for the compliments!  :)

And thank you for your tireless presence on the forum!
The developers should make you a small monument and never miss the incense, for your huge promotion work of Outerra.  =D

As for the birds ...
I realized that my work would have to be revolutionized "from the base" by creating a routine that recalls the presence of birds as "single entities" (Outerra should allow the presence of a large number of these entities simultaneously without too many problems) and delete them when move away from the user's sight ...
But, it would be a demanding job (and still to study how to do it) that I can hardly afford to do ...

The old DLL, however, despite its shortcomings, could help to revive the environment of Outerra, at least on an amateur level, aware of its limitations and without pretending to constitute a module that lives up to the realism of this engine.
I tried to compile the working DLL for the current version ... but without success.
The compilation is really "successful" but Outerra crashes when trying to use it.
I had the impression that everything would work if there were no calls to the IGC ...
Will it be just an impression?

andfly

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 04:32:03 am »

Welcome back in outerra ! With an absolutely genius contribution ! Its a lot of fun to explore the outerra world with this fantastic "vehicle" ....a real Game in itself !
I will have to study how it is made very carfully ! The 3D digital numeric displays as well as the holographic screen are absolute masterpieces !  Its a long time that I was wondering how such features could be made....you made it ! It will be the basis for a lot of future mods...

thank you so much of having dedicated your time once again to outerra mods !

:) :) :)

Thanks, fly77

I'm glad that you consider "worthy of attention" some of the ideas used for the development of this model.
If you need more information ... just ask!

Your work on the development of Outerra's potential is truly remarkable!

Your compliment .... a great honor!   :) :) :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:07:02 am by andfly »

andfly

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 04:36:24 am »

Right. Italian magic!

Great pleasure to find you on the forum !    :D

"Modern" magic is the ability to make what is normally thought impossible seem possible ...
Requires in-depth studies and great imagination ...
Emphasizing the "magical" aspect of a job is truly a beautiful appreciation!

Thanks !

andfly

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 04:38:11 am »

What a masterpiece!

Thanks,  allymotor   :)

Your vehicles become more and more beautiful.
I hope your passion does not drop and leads you to more and more fun results!

aWac9

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 06:23:37 am »

:)
The merit belongs to everyone, and others much that provide added value ,,, but we enjoy as children this impressive engine
first contact ... certification flight, GREAT!
I promise to study the controls more to improve the control of the sphere.
thank you very much and cheers

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:25:43 am by aWac9 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4