Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SPHERE Multifunctional vehicle  (Read 18663 times)

andfly

Re: SPHERE Multifunctional vehicle
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 05:22:44 am »

The whole adventure with the Sphere is really very bizarre.  :o

I tried to fly on Everest and then on Mont Blanc ... everything, for me, takes place on a regular basis.
I have to recognize that in this vehicle I wanted to put many options that probably make it complicated to use ...
Maybe if I can do a couple of tutorials, I could help a little more.

Of course, not being able to read the altitude below 2000 meters is such a strange behavior that it seems to me unlikely that it comes from my script ...
Have you tried with other aircraft models that also read JsbSim data?

I don't know what else to advise you at the moment.  =|

If you keep me informed you do me a great pleasure.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 06:02:32 am »

Don't worry andfly ...I think my outerra is screwed up ..other aircrafts do not cause problems..but also I cannot see any reason in your script that could cause such a crash. It must be my outerra..which somehow got corrupted. I'll try again after having reinstalled it  and let you know.
The fact that its complex..is good..means its a really great model....we just need to take our time to look at the manual , overcoming our lazyness.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2020, 05:12:58 am »

Reinstalled outerra and the "assertion failed in app 3977 ...function: app elevation over terrain" disappears and the SPHERE works correctly now !  :)
Didn't install any custom scenery so far..so lets see if the fault came from the scenery cache or not   if I reinstall the custim sceneries...some of which are very "heavy"

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 05:38:16 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2020, 05:40:17 am »

oh no ! :facepalm:   
After a few rides with the SPHERE taht went well I did a fast vertical takeoff pushing up power to the max...and again I got the assertion failed over terrain layers error
and what is worse..when I restart outerra it remains there whenever I try to fly the SPHERE...so its broken again  :( :(

andfly

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 08:58:06 am »

I am even more perplexed.
After your further report and that of aWac9 I promised myself to stress the Sphere in every way to be able to recreate the reported error.
Today I had some time again and, as much as I tried everything that came to my mind, I was unable to get the error.
I also installed, in a complete way, all your simulation of Abrams (I had not done it yet because I was more interested in the bike and peek in the script) thinking that with the queries to the plugin and the creation and destruction of the "evaporable" models I would have better conformed to your configuration ...
Nothing to do ... the Sphere flies as usual.

Just an attempt ... if you feel like ...
Try to transform lines 1244 and 1245 into comments, they are used to remove sensitivity to vibrations when piloting "in first person". This is the only slightly exotic command that I can think of having used and could be interpreted by Outerra as a forcing ...

I believe very little, but ... when you do not find obvious causes, proceed by trial and error ...   ::)
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 09:21:24 am »

Thanks for trying to "break" it..
commenting out the two lines doesn't help (see below)
I can take off but after rising a bit it gets stuck in the error again.
Will experiment to see which part of code produces ON MY computer this behavior.
probably I'll comment out big chunks of code ...as it could be everywhere.

andfly

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 09:31:34 am »

As a first attempt, comments from row 1196 to row 1229, this is the section of the radar that probes the environment to recognize obstacles and to reduce the speed accordingly ...

Then .... best wishes!  ::)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 10:29:54 am »

That's "funny"...I "simplified" your script .."a little"   ..like below =D
...and when spawning in the air the SPHERE it gives the same error... ??? ??? ???
Does not happen with any other model..

Then I substitute the FDM with the one of the cessna and name the XML etc.. Sfera...and I no more get the error !  So it seems related to the FDM..ALso I can fly it like the cessna now   :))

Code: [Select]
function initialize(reload)
{
  this.geom = this.get_geomob(0);  // get first geometry isntance
    this.fdm = this.jsb();   // get JSBSim interface
    this.snd = this.sound(); ;          // get SoundMan interface
}//--finish init_vehicle
//-------------------------------
//xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
function update_frame(dt){
//xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
}
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:01:22 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 11:52:27 am »

Mysteriously I just tested the andfly sphere at the ghedi airport and everything went smoothly ...
Can someone explain it to me ? not yesterday, today yes ..
I have two theories of what happens:
a) Outerra is migrating data from one server to another and things are happening along the way.
b) Things happen because there is an external force outside of outerra that influences the gravitation of the sphere ... it is happening. They are here, among us and I do not trust their intentions.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 12:10:56 pm »

did you try to fly higher today ?  For me "they" hide...sometimes up in the sky ...sometimes low on the ground..don't approach them !  =D

inactive

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 12:22:13 pm »

b) Things happen because there is an external force outside of outerra that influences the gravitation of the sphere ... it is happening. They are here, among us and I do not trust their intentions.
They're here bud, and I can agree with you on not trusting their intentions. Good thing fly77 made a tank though, but it could probably only do so much against them.

andfly

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 01:05:42 pm »

I already seem to hear a chilling background music ...
Always convinced of peaceful communications with other cultures, I feel all certainties undermined.

They spy on us ... they control us and act as saboteurs with our technology!
They maneuver in the shadows with cunning perfidy!

We have already had, in Outerra, an attempt to invade the "convinced of the flat earth" and we must run for cover. Will it be the case to ask the Abrams cannon, on loan, to be mounted on the Sphere ??

it's against all my beliefs but .... you never know ... ;) ;)

andfly

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 01:08:07 pm »

That's "funny"...I "simplified" your script .."a little"   ..like below =D

Of course when you decide to cut .... it's better to distance yourself ...  =D

But you had an excellent idea.
Focused on the script I hadn't thought about FDM yet.

All programming of pushes and automatisms is managed by the script.
To obtain an FDM that supported the vehicle, knowing very little Jsbsim, I used a "working" file from another aircraft, I completely reset the aerodynamic interactions and I added all the engines that needed me to get the movements in the different directions.
I also started testing additions, without much success, and I must have a little unused code left that perhaps interferes and annoys.

Now I try to do a nice cleaning and maybe ....  ::)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 01:19:22 pm »

....Will it be the case to ask the Abrams cannon, on loan, to be mounted on the Sphere ??...
it's against all my beliefs but .... you never know ... ;) ;)

starwars ??  =D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 01:22:39 pm by fly77 »

andfly

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 01:57:03 pm »

Try this FDM, cleaned up from the  <external_reactions>  section that I was unable to make but that I forgot to delete ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VHeFh0VDH6BGlZADTOLro1AbXw61mdd4/view?usp=sharing

If you want to try to optimize the XML file .... feel completely authorized !
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:04:31 pm by andfly »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4