Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Latest version: 20.0.1.13485 (64-bit)  (Read 114121 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 20.0.0.12891 (64-bit)
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2020, 11:55:45 am »

Try first deleting/moving the world.cfg and eng.cfg files, check eng.log for errors.

josem75

« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2020, 12:34:13 pm »

Try first deleting/moving the world.cfg and eng.cfg files, check eng.log for errors.

Dont know if some error or not. This is my Eng Log.  Deleting world and eng didnt work :(

aWac9

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2020, 12:51:06 pm »

Here aWac9 reports that the installation has been successful .. stop
(that's news :)
tree shadows are much improved. stop.
we will continue to inform.
Thank you

josem75

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2020, 01:22:04 pm »

My fault! I deleted the old 32 bits version files xD.  Now yes, working again.

Mate.. Impostor Trees now are day and night with previous ones!  This is outstanding now.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2020, 06:58:57 pm »

Yeah, even though with 3D trees on and lots trees around, my performance is pretty alright, even though slightly below 30, generally.  But any time I'm in an area with more than a few buildings, it tanks my framerate down to almost nothing.

Loud audio glitches can still happen occasionally on 64-bit.

I finally got my Dualshock 4 controller to work for basic functionality with cars / the Tatra, but things like Headlights and Blinkers are still kind of messed up or not working with controller buttons.  Can't turn off lights with controller no matter what I change the settings to (including the blank spot in the dropdown).  Turning off blinkers on the Tatra isn't working on keyboard either.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

inactive

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2020, 09:44:04 am »

Yeah, even though with 3D trees on and lots trees around, my performance is pretty alright, even though slightly below 30, generally.  But any time I'm in an area with more than a few buildings, it tanks my framerate down to almost nothing.

Loud audio glitches can still happen occasionally on 64-bit.

I finally got my Dualshock 4 controller to work for basic functionality with cars / the Tatra, but things like Headlights and Blinkers are still kind of messed up or not working with controller buttons.  Can't turn off lights with controller no matter what I change the settings to (including the blank spot in the dropdown).  Turning off blinkers on the Tatra isn't working on keyboard either.
I've noticed these things before, especially the blinker issue, It also occurs on my Sumitzu Sidewinder mod.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2020, 12:43:19 am »

Is it expected that Outerra alone could take over 8GB RAM with enough long-distance driving (countryside or not), or is that not supposed to happen? (no mods).

I have 16GB of RAM, but these days Windows and my system sometimes takes 6-8GB total before I even run a game, with the next highest process maybe taking 100MB (something apart of Windows, of course).

Then I get Outerra to go over the other 8GB with a long distance drive.

4GB VRAM.
HDD, unfortunately.

Then my framerate tanks and never really recovers.  It might raise if I'm standing still, but didn't actually improve because it drops as soon as i move again.

The ground quality setting says it affects GPU, but does it increase RAM usage as well?  Lowering it after having it at 1080 didn't lower RAM usage, though I didn't restart, if needed.

I'm using the best data resolutions available, but did not modify any other graphics besides display resolution 1680x1050.
3D Trees & Buildings enabled & shadows, but not modified.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:53:34 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2020, 01:45:48 am »

Yes it can eat 8GB, mainly with the hi-res datasets enabled. We are still tweaking it, seems the terrain cache size preset may be too big in some cases.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2020, 03:26:24 pm »

Ok, I was wondering if the datasets were ram hogs, but hoping they weren't  :(

As for the ground quality, it says the default is 480, but I'm pretty sure it defaults to 600 when installed/reset.  Is raising that to 1080 ok with 4GB VRAM and RAM limitations or is it not worth it?  Or is that not really an issue of VRAM/RAM?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 03:35:24 pm by Jagerbomber »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2020, 01:22:45 pm »

Terrain quality setting affects how much VRAM and RAM is allocated for terrain. There are other parts that consume lots of memory that aren't affected by it, like the tree data or building packages.

We will probably have to run some tests to determine how much memory is needed. I noticed in the crash reports we receive that people are trying to run it on some low end hardware, but current version will crash when the VRAM pool is exhausted ...

Jagerbomber

« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2020, 06:43:58 pm »

Hmm.... Has anybody tried wheels yet?  Would wheel rotation and pedals bind correctly?  (The binding screen is still finicky in the first place (for me).)

(Thrustmaster.)

I don't care if wheel rotation doesn't actually match, just as long as it's usable (Tatra).

Jagerbomber

« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2020, 09:33:14 pm »

The buildings that are used for gas stations and toll booths need their collision boxes improved.  :))

Jagerbomber

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2020, 08:45:16 pm »

I keep trying to bind my pedals, but they keep more behaving like a toggle, even though it does come up as Axis (and has the half and inverted checkboxes that I don't need, rather than the dropdown).

With the Tatra.

I tried with just one pedal bound and that's mostly basically working like a toggle and shouldn't be.
Then I bind the brake, too and it gets worse.

Is there something funky about how the "Parked" state works?  Is it like enabling the hand brake with a delay?  Because it's difficult getting out of it while trying to work on this. 

And again, even with just the gas pedal bound, it's still behaving like an acceleration toggle.  I push and it keeps accelerating even when I let go, and I have to then push it again for it to stop accelerating and coast.  Even though it does seem to see it as an axis.

Then adding the brake bind just adds more troubles.

ThomasMu

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2020, 08:24:24 am »

I keep trying to bind my pedals, but they keep more behaving like a toggle, even though it does come up as Axis (and has the half and inverted checkboxes that I don't need, rather than the dropdown).

With the Tatra.

I tried with just one pedal bound and that's mostly basically working like a toggle and shouldn't be.

Is there something funky about how the "Parked" state works?  Is it like enabling the hand brake with a delay?  Because it's difficult getting out of it while trying to work on this. 

And again, even with just the gas pedal bound, it's still behaving like an acceleration toggle.  I push and it keeps accelerating even when I let go, and I have to then push it again for it to stop accelerating and coast.  Even though it does seem to see it as an axis.

I have the same problem with mapping my gamepad, there is no problem mapping the triggers as an axis for planes but it wont work as throttle and brake for cars.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2020, 08:42:17 am »

I have no problem with binding my joystick throttle, brake and steering for the tatra. of course the brake acts as toggle here but it works fine. Pressing the "Brake" button more than a second or so will "park" it of course..but that's the same with keyboard, so its normal.

With the Tatra.

I have the same problem with mapping my gamepad, there is no problem mapping the triggers as an axis for planes but it wont work as throttle and brake for cars.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:49:21 am by fly77 »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11