Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Latest version: 20.0.1.13485 (64-bit)  (Read 114844 times)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 20.0.0.13063 (64-bit)
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2021, 04:13:23 am »

Oh we are still pretty much working on our ghost-planet, for our ghostly purposes.

But I doubt many people are "waiting for a breakthrough", the community of tinkerers and silent world explorers was only ever so big, and there were lots of simmers that now happily went to FS2020. Mind you, this was the market we never tried to compete in, a specific niche with dedicated and demanding customer base, lots of existing companies crowded there and us with our comparatively tiny resources. One probably can't doubt our perseverance, with which we could still attempt it head on, but that would require us to be also reasonably fanatic flight sim fans and not essentially borderline ones.

Our tech demo is still getting updates, but not so frequently because we keep breaking stuff and there's already a problem of backward compatibility with the mods. IMO, a bigger and more active community can probably only arise once we release something for a wider gaming community ...

chomper

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2021, 04:43:49 pm »

Oh we are still pretty much working on our ghost-planet, for our ghostly purposes.

But I doubt many people are "waiting for a breakthrough", the community of tinkerers and silent world explorers was only ever so big, and there were lots of simmers that now happily went to FS2020. Mind you, this was the market we never tried to compete in, a specific niche with dedicated and demanding customer base, lots of existing companies crowded there and us with our comparatively tiny resources. One probably can't doubt our perseverance, with which we could still attempt it head on, but that would require us to be also reasonably fanatic flight sim fans and not essentially borderline ones.

Our tech demo is still getting updates, but not so frequently because we keep breaking stuff and there's already a problem of backward compatibility with the mods. IMO, a bigger and more active community can probably only arise once we release something for a wider gaming community ...

I think it might be time to put the development tools out into the Outerra community. It's the easiest way to get that bigger and more active community and be able to have that "something" for the wider gaming community.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2021, 04:08:27 am »

I might be the bad man here ... am too busy in real life lately as hell, so basically, all my assets are on the ice. ( guess, anyone could just update the code if updates break them - and I put them to absolute free use, so no worry touching them in my absence to your delight ) Be definitely finishing them up, but is complicated to jump in with any proper time investment right now.  ... tho, cameni has a point, a lot of stuff is already possible, was back in my last active time. Just getting the creative job done to spice things a bit up is the issue I see.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2021, 04:35:20 am »

I might be the bad man here ... am too busy in real life lately as hell, so basically, all my assets are on the ice. ( guess, anyone could just update the code if updates break them - and I put them to absolute free use, so no worry touching them in my absence to your delight ) Be definitely finishing them up, but is complicated to jump in with any proper time investment right now.  ... tho, cameni has a point, a lot of stuff is already possible, was back in my last active time. Just getting the creative job done to spice things a bit up is the issue I see.

Yes you're right...a lot of "tools" are available already (the outerra API) and many things have been solved by users ...like character animation...etc..its up to us to use them or instead just wait for something to happen "magically".
About "...all my assets are on the ice. ( guess, anyone could just update the code if updates break them - and I put them to absolute free use..." it would be necessary to have the 3D models files to spice up the animation

PytonPago

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2021, 10:48:43 pm »

it would be necessary to have the 3D models files to spice up the animation

... hmm, the 0,3 ver. Ural is there with the blender file ... I see to it to get the rest on GDrive for ya.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2021, 01:19:39 am »

... hmm, the 0,3 ver. Ural is there with the blender file ... I see to it to get the rest on GDrive for ya.

You are right::here it is..will definitely try to work with it... i love detailed truck models, especially your ural...with all those modules.

However I don't uderstand what all those cubes are ?  makes things quite confusing to handle and visualize. Could they be "removed" ?  seems the parts can't be separated from those cubes...what are they and why are they there ?            ..........Ah found it..they are "texture space cubes"...now need to find how to disable their viewing "alltogether" in blender.279 ...doing it one by one is a nightmare..as you have thousands meshes there ...probably a way to do it is by joining meshes..which I need to do anyway...

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:17:28 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2021, 04:45:22 am »

tried to "join" parts...more or less randomly , following intuition...
Some got "lost" during the joining ...as they were pobably generated by some symmetry operations...
hmm...will have to do it again...trying to do it better...quite a daunting task  =|
...oh this is the wrong topic for this kind of discussion...sorry

aWac9

« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17:31 pm »

We've been talking about outerra Anteworld for so long that we don't realize the game already exists, at least in its early stages.
We have bought for the price of a pizza, the most powerful planetary engine known, being aware of the enormous effort and talent invested to get here ... Earth8
Cameni tells us what the pulse of the company is, no one knows it better than he, and he talks to us with sincerity, about its limitations and its risks.
Outerra neither wants nor can it compete with large groups, call it Microsoft, Laminar Research, Eagles Dinamics, etc. But that does not mean that it can have its own simulator, in fact we almost have it already.
For now, it is not necessary to simulate complex parts of a simulator, think of radar, various bombs, missions, communications, AI, etc. It is enough for us to fly, to enjoy a simple flight while we marvel at the outerra plane, it would be enough to add the basic operation of clocks, lighting, Ram sartp, no radar or explosions, just enjoy the flight and if we could have reality virtual, then we hallucinated.
Over time, and with a large community, we could aspire to something more complex. I who am a lover of simulators, with outerra, I would be satisfied to be able to make a flight with a route or waypoint from A to B.
You might think that so much space (outerra) would be too huge for most games, although that is not a problem either, you can always detail a more limited space of the terrain. Aerial simulation, as we conceive it in this house, and its narrow niche, is an ideal option, as long as not too much energy is invested in something that can attract many fans or clients if we speak as a company.
A company is not a forum, not even the activity that the same (forum) could have. The forum is simply the meeting place of a community or better between the business of the company and the wishes of its customers.
One thing if we are clear, we cannot afford a mistake, nor have many fronts open, we have to concentrate on the essentials, and be clear about where we are going or where we want to go, which do not always coincide ,,, and that Cameni I think that it is clear to him, despite the fact that many do not read between the lines.

if it is not understood, the person responsible is google

PRiME

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2021, 06:48:40 am »

Been a LONG while since I've visited Outerra, good to see the updates still trickling out. I look forwarded to updates in 2021.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 20.0.1.13485 (64-bit)
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2021, 06:41:30 am »

20.0.1.13485 (hotfix) (25 Mar 2021)
  • fixed NV461.72 driver warning
  • fixes for simpler setup of mods, fly77 plugins

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2021, 05:21:10 pm »

Since the new version the datadownload seems slowed down considerably for me. Anybody else having ths issue ?

aWac9

« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2021, 05:58:10 pm »

Yes. the initial connection is slow ,, then if you leave outerra and come back in, it does it normally .. I imagine it will depend on many factors, including internet speed ,, and I suppose relativity too ,, since a computer scientist It is more sensitive to speed, and distinguishes between bits and Mbps and can get upset ...., but for the rest of the mortals, we see it quite normal :)

PytonPago

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2021, 09:25:36 am »

Since the new version the datadownload seems slowed down considerably for me. Anybody else having ths issue ?

I rmember there were the whole global terrain and biome data to get via torrent ... are they still round ? Perhaps making a updated version, with the Moon and the Middle Earth project one as separate ones to get in one swoop ?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2021, 10:50:06 am »

I rmember there were the whole global terrain and biome data to get via torrent ... are they still round ? Perhaps making a updated version, with the Moon and the Middle Earth project one as separate ones to get in one swoop ?

Not sure if its still around, but that would use too much memory in my SSD. I am not really a big outerra explorer.

lc94617

« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2021, 12:11:25 am »

why I can't open.It crash instantly and appear a Error Report window.
I Just install the Latest Version 20.0.0.13063,actually i have tried several times since the new version published and everytime was the same problem.
My pc configuration:i5 10400/8g/UHD 630/samsung 970 EVO/Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
I have export the report zip file.How to analyze it or send to someone professional?
Please someone help me! I really want to try this game!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:19:02 am by lc94617 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11