Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: I have a dream... Outerra+X-plane  (Read 3432 times)

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
I have a dream... Outerra+X-plane
« on: August 27, 2020, 05:43:42 am »

I have bought and tried Microsoft Flight Simulator for about a week now. The world engine is great. It makes other sims look quite dated. Among these X-plane. Now X-plane has great physics but the world engine is not that great. For better visuals people can download ortho scenery via 3rd party apps but it is cumbersome and feels archaic.

I think X-plane needs to do something about the scenery, and I think a collaboration between X-plane and Outerra would be great. It could be the civilian version of the TitanIM-project.

I have no idea if it would be possible from a tech/licencing standpoint. I can imagine the satellite dataset is quite expensive. Maybe something could be worked out. Anyway, I'm sure other people have thought about this, just wanted to lift the topic due to all the hype for the new Flight Simulator. As a long time follower of Outerra - i just hope I would get the opportunity to use Cameni's fantastic world engine in Austin's fantastic simulator.

Best wishes!
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

2eyed

Re: I have a dream... Outerra+X-plane
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:58:18 am »

Maybe the X-plane guys could partner with Google. And then adding the fractal engine from Outerra for ground level detail. One will probably be allowed to dream one day!?