Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: new mig29 mod with missiles, bombs etc (release)  (Read 9842 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
new mig29 mod with missiles, bombs etc (release)
« on: September 09, 2020, 05:41:19 am »

It is my pleasure to release an upgrade of my previous mig29-fly77 mod for the new 64 bit version of outerra.

Download the model files from here (for installation instructions see below)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SpuGU-tZ6SFR9zftlN6HczqnqRoKFPCt?usp=sharing

Features and control keys:

The new mig is now armed with 3 types of russian medium / short range missiles for air-air combat
(for now without seeker...so you can use them with good success only for ground targets).
also there is one type of bomb and an onboard machine gun.
Fire missiles and drop bombs by pressing the F key !

Use CTRL+A to select between missile types and the bomb (status display in the bottom left corner of the screen)
Fire machinegun rounds by pressing the mouse button. (machinegun fire can be useful as tracer to pinpoint ground targets for missiles, see video)

The explosive power of missile and bombs can be increased (CTRL+T) or decreased (CTRL+B)

R-77 mach 4 medium-range air-to-air missile

R-73 mach 2.5 short-range air-to-air missile

R-27 mach 2 medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile

bombs: OFAB-250

In addition the new mod has
- enhanced cockpit sounds and attenuation effects when glasscockpit is opened/closed (key O to open/close cockpit)
- plane label to identify plane when flying pilotless (CTRL+S). You can spawn one mig then exit it letting it fly alone and then spawn another mig and try to shoot it down
...very difficulty as there missiles have no seeker

the other commands of the old mig29 mod cocnerning the different camera modes remain the same

custom first person camera views accessible by repeatedly pressing the v-key  for advancing or shift+v for going back in the camera sequence 
- cockpit view
- gear view
- flyby camera
- formation flight camera

- press H or J keys to increase / decrease the flyby camera range.
- press numpad +/- keys to zoom in/out in all camera views

other useful commands are
. key for gear
CTRL + W for auto-wing-levelleing

Installation:
The download contains the following files:
mig29-fly77.otx
fly77_plugin.dll
and three package folders:
bullet
flare
missile3

1) click on the self-installing mig29-fly77.otx file. This will install the mig into your user package folder 
2) copy the file fly77_plugin.dll into Anteworld/plugins folder
3) copy the three package folders bullet, flare and missile3 into Antworld/packages/outerra folder

(note: the installation will overwrite my old mig29-fly77 mod but not the default mig)

Enjoy !

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:12:36 pm by fly77 »

josem75

Re: new mig29 mod with missiles, bombs etc (release)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 09:05:10 am »

It is my pleasure to release an upgrade of my previous mig29-fly77 mod for the new 64 bit version of outerra.

Download the model files from here (for installation instructions see below)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SpuGU-tZ6SFR9zftlN6HczqnqRoKFPCt?usp=sharing

Features and control keys:

The new mig is now armed with 3 types of russian medium / short range missiles for air-air combat
(for now without seeker...so you can use them with good success only for ground targets).
also there is one type of bomb and an onboard machine gun.

Use CTRL+A to select between missile types and the bomb (status display in the bottom left corner of the screen)
Fire machinegun rounds by pressing the mouse button. (machinegun fire can be useful as tracer to pinpoint ground targets for missiles, see video)

The explosive power of missile and bombs can be increased (CTRL+T) or decreased (CTRL+B)

R-77 mach 4 medium-range air-to-air missile

R-73 mach 2.5 short-range air-to-air missile

R-27 mach 2 medium-to-long-range air-to-air missile

bombs: OFAB-250

In addition the new mod has
- enhanced cockpit sounds and attenuation effects when glasscockpit is opened/closed (key O to open/close cockpit)
- plane label to identify plane when flying pilotless (CTRL+S). You can spawn one mig then exit it letting it fly alone and then spawn another mig and try to shoot it down
...very difficulty as there missiles have no seeker

the other commands of the old mig29 mod cocnerning the different camera modes remain the same

custom first person camera views accessible by repeatedly pressing the v-key
- cockpit view
- gear view
- flyby camera
- formation flight camera

- press H or J keys to increase / decrease the flyby camera range.
- press numpad +/- keys to zoom in/out in all camera views

other useful commands are
. key for gear
CTRL + W for auto-wing-levelleing

Installation:
The download contains the following files:
mig29-fly77.otx
fly77_plugin.dll
and three package folders:
bullet
flare
missile3

1) click on the self-installing mig29-fly77.otx file. This will install the mig into your user package folder 
2) copy the file fly77_plugin.dll into Anteworld/plugins folder
3) copy the three package folders bullet, flare and missile3 into Antworld/packages/outerra folder

(note: the installation will overwrite my old mig29-fly77 mod but not the default mig)

Enjoy !

Nicee. I just wanted to fly a bit over the new nice trees. And those new mods you made for mig are the perfect adition for do it <3
Just, i cant download. Google say i need acces for download your files. I push in ask for acces and they just say i will receive a mail with the answer :(

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 09:18:06 am »

Nicee. I just wanted to fly a bit over the new nice trees. And those new mods you made for mig are the perfect adition for do it <3
Just, i cant download. Google say i need acces for download your files. I push in ask for acces and they just say i will receive a mail with the answer :(

I have changed the download link so that everybody can download it without requesting permission. retry now ! Sorry, was my mistake  =|

aWac9

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 10:50:06 am »

magnificent. another great contribution from fly77 to the outerra community. thank you..
Thanks for your time
:)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 11:07:41 am »

It is my pleasure  :)  I can't describe how much I enjoy the new outerra version. Its so beautiful with the cloud shadows and new 3D trees and impostors,and all those buildings ..and also the water has improved  ..and also it has opened a lot of new possibilities for mods.
This year and next I think will be very very fruitful for outerra and the outerra comunity.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:10:47 am by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:12:15 pm »

fly how do you fire the missiles? key ??
Does the F16 work for you ????
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:14:19 pm by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 12:22:06 pm »

stupid me !  =|  I forgot the most important thing...yes : to fire the missile press key F !
yes the F16 works for me. It is slow to start but finally when power is stable it flies
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:28:36 pm by fly77 »

aWac9

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 12:28:02 pm »

but F1 is outerra's "HELP" menu

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 12:28:59 pm »

F key  - not F1

aWac9

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 12:33:14 pm »

ยก Ok !

aWac9

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 02:10:39 pm »

a simple video, without any purpose .. just to test fly's engineering
;) ;)

josem75

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 02:18:09 pm »

I have changed the download link so that everybody can download it without requesting permission. retry now ! Sorry, was my mistake  =|

Nice! thank you very much. Great effect.  I am always trying to put the mouse buttom for cannyon in my joystick but i never can.
Anybody can? 
Also, is there a way to map F and Ctrl A in the joystick buttons? Would be nice can shot from joystick. Not release missiles is my new hobby while fly xD.

its posible to get canyion do some damage also on the floor or planes?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 02:29:08 pm »

usually to associate a key to a joystick button you open the outerra keybinds menu (F12) click on an item of your interest (for example "car/weapons/fire selected weapon") then click on the corresponding menu button an then click the button on your joystick that you want to associate - don't forget to save before exiting. yes having both gun and missile launch controlled from joystick is a good idea.
About damage on ground or planes produced by machinegun...sure I could program it but for now I leave it like that as anyway it will get useful only when we will have multiplayer ..as otherwise you don't have other moving planes to shoot at..and just shooting holes into the ground with the machine gun seems not particularly interesting .... or maybe I will adjust it once I will have ready guided missiles as a next upgrade :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:35:38 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 02:31:26 pm »

a simple video, without any purpose .. just to test fly's engineering
;) ;)

Seems you forgot to copy the flares file into "Anteworld/packages/outerra" folder !! Your explosions are not good enough  8)
(I saw also an error popping up..probably saying that he couldn'f find the flares)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:38:05 pm by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 02:52:14 pm »

Nice! thank you very much. Great effect.  I am always trying to put the mouse buttom for cannyon in my joystick but i never can.
Anybody can? 
Also, is there a way to map F and Ctrl A in the joystick buttons? Would be nice can shot from joystick. Not release missiles is my new hobby while fly xD.

its posible to get canyion do some damage also on the floor or planes?

Actually you are right , I forgot in the instructions which items in the F12 menu you need (if you want to) select to associate to your joystick buttons: here they are

"air/controls/canopy"                            O
"air/lights/landing_lights"                       L
"air/lights/strobe_lights"                       CTRL+L
"air/lights/nav_lights"                           shift+N
"air/lights/cockpit_lights"                       shift+L
"air/autopilot/wing_leveler"                    CTRL+W
"car/weapons/fire"                                 mousebutton
"car/controls/horn"                               increase camera range    key H
"air/weapons/master_arm"                     decrease camera range   key J
"air/autopilot/SAS"                               label key CTRL + S
"air/autopilot/altitude_hold"                    missile/bomb choice        CTRL + A   
"air/controls/eject"                               decrease explosivepower   CTRL+B
"car/controls/speed_limiter"                    increase explosivepower  CTRL+T 
"car/controls/turbo"                              missile shoot               F

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 03:00:56 pm by fly77 »
Pages: [1] 2