Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: new mig29 mod with missiles, bombs etc (release)  (Read 9824 times)

chomper

Re: new mig29 mod with missiles, bombs etc (release)
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 07:49:55 pm »

Not bad at all fly77, but for some reason Outerra couldn't find the folder with the flares.

josem75

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 09:23:00 pm »

Nicee. I just wanted to fly a bit over the new nice trees. And those new mods you made for mig are the perfect adition for do it <3
Just, i cant download. Google say i need acces for download your files. I push in ask for acces and they just say i will receive a mail with the answer :(

I have changed the download link so that everybody can download it without requesting permission. retry now ! Sorry, was my mistake  =|

Nice! thank you very much. Great effect.  I am always trying to put the mouse buttom for cannyon in my joystick but i never can.
Anybody can? 
Also, is there a way to map F and Ctrl A in the joystick buttons? Would be nice can shot from joystick. Not release missiles is my new hobby while fly xD.

its posible to get canyion do some damage also on the floor or planes?

Actually you are right , I forgot in the instructions which items in the F12 menu you need (if you want to) select to associate to your joystick buttons: here they are

"air/controls/canopy"                            O
"air/lights/landing_lights"                       L
"air/lights/strobe_lights"                       CTRL+L
"air/lights/nav_lights"                           shift+N
"air/lights/cockpit_lights"                       shift+L
"air/autopilot/wing_leveler"                    CTRL+W
"car/weapons/fire"                                 mousebutton
"car/controls/horn"                               increase camera range    key H
"air/weapons/master_arm"                     decrease camera range   key J
"air/autopilot/SAS"                               label key CTRL + S
"air/autopilot/altitude_hold"                    missile/bomb choice        CTRL + A   
"air/controls/eject"                               decrease explosivepower   CTRL+B
"car/controls/speed_limiter"                    increase explosivepower  CTRL+T 
"car/controls/turbo"                              missile shoot               F

Nice! I would never guess for example the F correspond to car turbo xDD. 
But i still have the same problem with canyon. Its not relative to your mod, i always had. I try to change or add my joystick button to Fire (mouse button), in air and in OT section, but never works. I dont know why. its the only button that never work for me, the fire.
For example, now i map F in a joystick button and no problem at all, it works. Same way i have a lot of buttons maped in my joystick from before, canopy, lights, engine start, of course power, directions, etc, etc.

By the way. YOur mod is great, misil effects are nice. I even discovered that i can dissappear buildings shoting them xDD
I only have a very little critic opinion. I dont like the black smoke from the plane. Looks like engine is damaged or another plane shoted me. I think more grey/white color would benefit the mod.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 02:39:51 am »

Not bad at all fly77, but for some reason Outerra couldn't find the folder with the flares.

That's not good, since without flares the explosions are not really what they should be.
Very strange. If you placed the flares folder in the same Anteworld/packages/outerra folder where you put missile3 and bullet and you can launch the missile it should also find the flare. What does the error say exactly  ?
(please can you look in your eng.log file searching for "flare" or post your eng log file ?)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:54:03 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 02:45:08 am »

Nice! I would never guess for example the F correspond to car turbo xDD. 
But i still have the same problem with canyon. Its not relative to your mod, i always had. I try to change or add my joystick button to Fire (mouse button), in air and in OT section, but never works. I dont know why. its the only button that never work for me, the fire.
For example, now i map F in a joystick button and no problem at all, it works. Same way i have a lot of buttons maped in my joystick from before, canopy, lights, engine start, of course power, directions, etc, etc.

By the way. YOur mod is great, misil effects are nice. I even discovered that i can dissappear buildings shoting them xDD
I only have a very little critic opinion. I dont like the black smoke from the plane. Looks like engine is damaged or another plane shoted me. I think more grey/white color would benefit the mod.

About the black smoke, you're right...its a bit too black..I need to look at videos of real mig29 to see what it should look like. Also I could eventually add afterburner flame..so sure ..there is room for improvement and new additions.....all this will be part of a future update. So its good to collect all suggestions  ;) Thanks for commenting

chomper

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 02:46:43 am »

[/quote

Very strange. If you placed the flares folder in the same Anteworld/packages/outerra folder where you put missile3 and bullet and you can launch the missile it should also find the flare. What does the error say exactly
(look in your eng.log file searching for "flare" or post your eng log file)

The log file has the following entry repeated many times:

7:42:54.928 ERROR: outerra/flare/flare does not exist

The flare folder is in the same place as the missile3 and bullet folders.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 03:02:11 am »

Important update of download files !

For some reason the download link didn't include all the files needed for "flares"..which is why you don't see the explosions in their real glory and get the missing flares error.
I updated the files in the download link ..so please redownload again.

Sorry for the inconvenience !

Pages: 1 [2]