Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Cant log in to Outerra  (Read 4890 times)

Sammy

Cant log in to Outerra
« on: December 10, 2020, 03:52:48 am »

I cant log in outerra recently, it says "Login Failed" over and over again.
I have tried use browser(Chromium-based) to visit https://outerraworld.appspot.com/, I can log in normally with redirected to a page that says "Running..."
But I still cant log in outerra in the game app.
I am from China, blocked by GFW, but it doesn't matter, I was able to connect a VPN. Some website such as Google, is accessable.
But the game... it always shows "Login Failed"...
I tried to turn off the windows defender, firewall and other anti-virus software... But the outcome is always the same...
Please help! :'(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Cant log in to Outerra
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 05:44:28 am »

Does it wait a while until it says login failed? That's usually a sign that the reply from the server is not able to get through ...

Sammy

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:35:46 am »

Yes totally.. it takes about 10s each time and display "Login Failed".
So is there any idea to solve this problem..? For example switch to another VPN..? =|

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 08:08:16 am »

I really don't know, but if the browser gets to the "running" phase, it means it could get through. Is there some kind of a whitelist in the VPN that says which processes  get through? Or is there a proxy?

Sammy

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 10:38:54 pm »

Well.. I literally tried everything I can now..
Including switching to another VPN.. part proxy switch to global proxy.. add outerra.exe and even the whole outerra folder into the whitelist(windows defender and also the anti-virus software).. delete the anti-virus software.. checking the system firewall block logs etc.. but still in login failed..
But I found something strange. I checked the connection info of all processes in the firewall of the anti-virus software, the target IP of the process outerra.exe is '0.0.0.0'. Is that related to the failure of log in?
Could you check the login logs of mine? The account will be "sammykcy". Much appreciated. :D

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 03:28:45 am »

Everything there says sammykcy - login ok. Last one was "2020-12-10 16:24:10.288 CET
login: ok - sammykcy". There are your requests from Chrome 87 and Chrome 78, which is weird because our browser identifies as Chrome 71 ...

It's like I wrote, your connection requests goes to the server, it's processed fine there, but the reply can't get back to you because something blocks it. Since your browser requests can find their way back, it really sounds like it's a problem with the firewall or something such. Given that there's even a change in browser version, it seems some software is actively messing with things.

Sammy

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 08:20:15 am »

That's weird... I dont know if there are such things or softwares will block the game, at least I haven't found it yet.
But I can successfully entering the demo mode. I know the demo mode doesnt requires internet connection, but I can download the map dataset while I am wandering around the world - very smoothy.
It means I can connect to the server, right? But why cant I log in??.. =|
What a depressing issue.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 08:35:50 am »

The data server is a different machine, different location. Login server is based on Google App engine, and as far as I know their servers are blocked in China.

What VPN software are you using?

Sammy

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 09:39:58 am »

Thanks you for your help. I am using Veee VPN. Not a famous one.
But I personally think it is not related to the VPN software..because I have tried another one. All the google website is accessible while using one VPN or another, but not log in outerra.  :'(