Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION  (Read 29209 times)

aWac9

Re: INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 11:16:14 am »

When a rocket takes off from Earth into space, it does so from zero speed to orbital speed... and it does so with a maximum speed of 7 Mach (2401 m/sg) when it is approximately 70 km in altitude. Keep in mind that the speed goes from less to more and the molecules that it finds in its ascent are less and less (less dense atmosphere) so the friction is less and less and the heat dissipates better... that is why it does not burn on the ascent.
But the other way around is different, when it descends it does so from an orbital velocity (7000 m/sg) to zero. When it descends and is, for example, at an altitude of 57 km, its speed is still almost orbital (7000 m/sg) and as it enters the atmosphere, the density of molecules will be greater and with it greater friction and increase in temperature. at 2000 ºC, and we already know that everything that is combustible in contact with oxygen burns... the result is disintegration...
We are going to check if the Andfy model meets this certainty.
Here we are going to stop, so you can think about what options we have:
a) It may happen that the ISS descends with the acceleration of gravity and increases in speed until it hits the earth. It would be most likely looking at JSBsim's Flight Dynamics Model (FDM)
b) It may happen that its descent speed is constant at a point, but I don't think so that was already an experiment we did with Fly77's carnivorous ball
c) It may or may not happen that the ISS disintegrates on entry to the atmosphere.
d) strange objects continue to be seen, and what might appear to be just an alien attack.
What do you think will happen? Make a bet and then we'll see.
We'll take manual control of the station and intentionally lose power to let newton's pull do its job.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 12:44:40 pm »

:)) :)) :))  you gotta find 100 billion dollars now, aWac9 !
But are you sure you did the experiment right ? applying downward thrust continuosly you do more than just "deorbit" the ISS.
maybe you should just apply reverse thrust until speed is smaller than speed required to stay in orbit so that it can not stay in orbit for long and then stop applying any kind of thrust and wait a year or so until it slowly drops to earth  :))...but I guess the result will still be a 100 billion dollar to pay  ... so answer c) in every case is my guess.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:59:39 pm by fly77 »

andfly

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 02:17:08 pm »

party on the ISS..listening to earthen home radiostations to feel less lonly lost in space  =D
...but where are our pizzas  ?!

Beautiful!  :D
Never miss a good occasion to party !!
And if there is good music, good company and pizza ... then nothing is missing!
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2022, 02:18:50 pm »

the Adfly mod and the real ISS perform the same trajectory in real time.
the integrity of the trajectory and the curvature of the earth is demonstrated. :)
I still do, sometimes, when a good ISS passage is expected in my area.
I turn on the computer, install the Space Station mod in Outerra and turn the camera towards the ground.
I go to the window and check the sky until I see the bright point that runs through it quickly.
A little I look at the ISS and a little I look at Italy, with the lights of the cities, flowing on the computer monitor.

I almost seem to be really "up there" intent on looking "down here" ...  ::)
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 02:26:01 pm »

When a rocket takes off from Earth into space, it does so from zero speed to orbital speed... and it does so with a maximum speed of 7 Mach (2401 m/sg) when it is approximately 70 km in altitude. Keep in mind that the speed goes from less to more and the molecules that it finds in its ascent are less and less (less dense atmosphere) so the friction is less and less and the heat dissipates better... that is why it does not burn on the ascent.
But the other way around is different, when it descends it does so from an orbital velocity (7000 m/sg) to zero. When it descends and is, for example, at an altitude of 57 km, its speed is still almost orbital (7000 m/sg) and as it enters the atmosphere, the density of molecules will be greater and with it greater friction and increase in temperature. at 2000 ºC, and we already know that everything that is combustible in contact with oxygen burns... the result is disintegration...
We are going to check if the Andfy model meets this certainty.
Here we are going to stop, so you can think about what options we have:
a) It may happen that the ISS descends with the acceleration of gravity and increases in speed until it hits the earth. It would be most likely looking at JSBsim's Flight Dynamics Model (FDM)
b) It may happen that its descent speed is constant at a point, but I don't think so that was already an experiment we did with Fly77's carnivorous ball
c) It may or may not happen that the ISS disintegrates on entry to the atmosphere.
d) strange objects continue to be seen, and what might appear to be just an alien attack.
What do you think will happen? Make a bet and then we'll see.
We'll take manual control of the station and intentionally lose power to let newton's pull do its job.

Oh yeah
The Space Station does not exempt itself from the normal canons of physics.
If you push it towards the atmosphere at a speed of 65,000 km/h (!!!  :o) it can only disintegrate in a spectacular blaze!
It is a speed higher than that of normal meteors and causes complete destruction around 100 km of altitude.

You may have noticed that the dynamic pressure to which the Station is subjected during its flight is continuously monitored.
When the value exceeds a certain limit, overheating begins and, if persisted, destruction occurs.
If, however, you approach the atmosphere with a much lower speed, as recommended by our friend fly77, at the first hint of overheating (the station changes color) it is still possible to save it by activating the ascension engine that takes it back to the most rarefied space. .
And this can happen at a much lower altitude than the previous 100 km.
With patience and attention, by dosing the power of its engines, you can fly the ISS to very low altitudes without damaging it.

All this, of course, is only allowed for having equipped the model with engines of unprecedented power that have no comparison with reality.
But it was nice to be able to explore all the possibilities, even the most unlikely ... after all: it's a simulation ... a game!

As for the penalty to be paid ... some advice.
Reload a new ISS immediately, it will be identical to the previous one and perhaps no one will notice the change !!!
I will gladly give up the commission that the International Scientific Community had guaranteed me on the 100 billion dollars.

I don't want to run the risk of missing your future movies !!!   :))

aWac9

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2022, 05:25:15 pm »

Can you add those motor ignition impulses to direct it?

Can the animation of the Northern Lights be improved?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 05:30:13 pm by aWac9 »

andfly

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2022, 08:02:26 am »

Can you add those motor ignition impulses to direct it?

Can the animation of the Northern Lights be improved?
When you enter  Manual Piloting Mode (key: P) you have the control of the motors available to direct the Station in any direction.

With the "Arrow keys" you can control the lateral propulsion impulses.
Key: Up Arrow    = Forward propulsive impulse
Key: Down Arrow    = Backards propulsive impulse
Key: Right Arrow   = Right propulsive impulse
Key: Left Arrow   = Propulsive impulse to the left
The cursors under the word "THRUST" (on the left of the screen) visually indicate the thrust you are making.
Immediately below the corresponding change in Speed m/s will highlight the effect of the propulsion.
These commands carry out a real propulsive "impulse", effective as long as you keep the key pressed, which is canceled as soon as you release the key.

The operation of the vertical thrust motor is different.
As in all Outerra Jsbsim models, the power of this motor is adjusted with the Pg-Up and Pg-Down buttons (as in the Mig29).
Pg-Up increases the motor power and Pg-Down decreases it.
If the Pg-Up key is released, the motor power does not reset, it remains constant until it is decreased and reset with the Pg-Down key.
The "J" key changes the pushing direction from Ascending to Descending and vice versa.

A further possibility of interaction, in this piloting mode, is the possibility of rotating the station around its vertical axis by varying the yaw angle.
It is obtained with the "Ins" and "Del" keys.

The Northern Lights can certainly be improved.
I'll try to try.

aWac9

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2022, 10:14:53 am »

ok . I was referring to the simulation of the thrusters

andfly

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2022, 12:45:30 pm »

I beg your pardon aWac9 ... I really misunderstood ...
It seemed impossible to me but, thinking I was not clear, I preferred to repeat myself in more detail.
It may be useful for those who have not read the manual to understand the potential of the model.

aWac9

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 12:58:24 pm »

something strange is happening at the ISS station.
Houston. we have a problem

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:13:10 pm by aWac9 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2022, 03:07:13 pm »

wow ! How did you achieve this special effect ?

aWac9

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2022, 04:28:31 pm »

fly, it's not an effect, it's happening... it all started in the smoke ball... you remember.  :o 8)

andfly

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2022, 06:26:15 am »

Aaagh !   :o

Shields are effective for meteorites ... ( and space beans )
But this was not expected !!        8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 06:28:49 am by andfly »

andfly

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2022, 10:36:40 am »

UPGRADE ISS

I did a little tweaking that is essentially about the visualization of the night terrain, with city lights, which is now considerably more detailed, and the remake of the simulation of the polar lights (I hope it is a little more realistic than the previous one).

You can download the updated model at the usual link.    :)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2022, 12:17:27 pm »

Much more detailed city lights indeed ! Thanks !  :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:28:37 pm by fly77 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5