Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: outerra multiplayer server WIP (release)  (Read 5510 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
outerra multiplayer server WIP (release)
« on: November 13, 2022, 11:14:05 am »

hey everybody !
I am glad to announce you that you have now access to a draft of my outerra multiplayer server   (WIP) !

for now it just will log your realworld location if you allow to share position after browser asks you. To see it as a marker on the map
just enter anything in the "mood" textfield (its just a test for me to see if I recieve the data on the server)  and click submit.
Browser will ask you proably if you allow to access possition. Eventually reload of the browser window if needed.
The blue markers are the outerra users that have shared their location in so far. So we know how we are all spread out over the globe.  :)
The red markers is me flying/moving  in outerra. I also have recorded a flight path with the mig near venice showing.
For now just me have ability to log my outerra position to the server but I soon will share the mod so that we all can see where we are flying/driving inside outerra  :)

The link is here:   https://fly77-server.glitch.me/

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 11:24:36 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: outerra multiplayer server WIP (release)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 03:13:38 am »

While I continue working on the mod that will allow us to use outerra in multiplayer mode (I already managed to send and get positions from and to outerra via the server and spawn objects via the server ) meanwhile some more players showed their position.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:16:57 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: outerra multiplayer server WIP (release)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 05:01:53 am »

progress with multiplayer game mod.. I can launch player lobby screen as well as textchat from inside outerra using "Y" and "U" keys in ufo mode.
by the way you can already connect to the chat server...no password required..you can already chat with other people logged into the chat but not yet in outerra..
(That's possible only for me now, but I will share the mod soon that will allow us to chat all inside outerra)

chat: server url :   http://fly77-outerra-chat-server.glitch.me/

« Last Edit: November 19, 2022, 05:04:29 am by fly77 »