Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: music-player upgrade (release)  (Read 2406 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
music-player upgrade (release)
« on: January 31, 2023, 11:15:00 am »

Its my pleasure to share with you my greatly improved car-radio or rather car-music-player mod. Its now no longer
tied to the legran car. You can use it anywhere you like wether in ufo mode or in any vehicle , boat or character.
(not working great in planes unfortunately. It seems outerra soundplayer has some problem with lag when soundsources move very fast.)

Just as a reminder: its a music-player not a radio. So it comes with a folder with 100 default copyright free music files.
This also means once spawned please wait for about 15-20 secs for the player to load all musicfiles (which is is about 278 Megabytes !)

To add more or change them just drop your own .ogg music files in the folder named "fly77/musicplayer/mymusic".
just don't delete the file named ---.ogg.
Of course the more songs you drop in this folder the longer the preload will take.

To convert any audiofile that you want to be included into .ogg format see a suggested instructions below.

download the mod  from here :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vc8XciB4HaZA_9SyEWoxpcO0XkgT-3RF?usp=sharing

installation:

1) drop the files following files into Anteworld/plugins folder and accept overwrite if you already have my old versions
of the fly77_plugin.dll and fly77menu_plugin.dll. Any new version is backwards compatible.

fly77_plugin.dll
fly77menu_plugin.dll
musicplayer.html
carradio.jpg

2) click on self-installing musicplayer.otx file

use:
To spawn the musicplayer open vehicles menu and search for "musicplayer"
Wait for about 15-20 secs for all the muscifiles to load.
The first song will then play automatically, selected randomly from the available ones.

Press "NEXT" button to switch to the next randomly choosen song. Note songs won't repeat untill all 100 songs have been played to guarantee a nice variety.

By default music plays in "GLOBAL" mode which means it will be heard at same volume wherever you are, including in ufo mode..kind of background soundtrack .

pressing "GLOBAL" button will switch it to "LOCAL" which means music sound will instead be emitted from a localized source in 3D space in outerra tied to the last
vehicle/boat/plane/character you enter.

pressing on "LOCAL" will switch it back to "GLOBAL".

Increase volume by pressing the PLUS button and decrease it with the MINUS button .

The sound playing next is shown in the radio interface

To show the music-player interface press the "I" key on the keyboard.

To hide the music-player interface press ESC (twice). I was unable to make it close with the "I" key so far unfortunately.

Have fun !

creating your own playlist:

convert any audiofile that you want to be included into .ogg mono format
.ogg mono format is needed if you want the music, audio be localizable in space inside outerra, exploiting the binaural audio feature of outerra.
If you think you don't need this you can also use .ogg stereo but the sound will not be localized in space.
Note that even if sounds are mono you don't notice this really very much inside outerra as the binaural audio feature of
outerra will still make them sound great...indeed stereo is about localizing sound in space and so is binaural audio.

Since your audiofiles will normally not be in .ogg format you need to convert them first.
A fast and easy way to do this is by using one of the many free online audiofile conversion websites.
The important thing to consider is that it allows you to convert the files to .ogg mono
The website that I used and that does this very fast is

https://online-audio-converter.com/it/

So drop your files into this website, choose convert to ogg and under advanced settings choose "mono".
After conversion download and unzip the package
grab the converted soundfiles and drop them into Anteworld/marco/mymusic folder
One last check: verify that the names of your musicfiles don't contain any of these symbols like ' " \ / . others should be OK. In case rename them.
That's it.
The new songs will be availbale upon restart of outerra.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:36:07 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Re: music-player upgrade (release)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 07:15:15 am »

A small bug of the mod can easily be fixed by yourself: When driving fast or when trying to play music in ufo mode you will note some funny sound quirks. These happen because of a bug in outerra itself. For now an easy fix is to use .ogg stereo files instead of .ogg files. It will make the music play more "cleanly" whatever your speed, even when going supersonic with the mig or in ufo mode.
While this will produce a list of ...."is not mono" errors after spawning the musicplayer you can just ignore these errors since having them stereo is the intended purpose.
The only downside to this fix is that you can't have any longer a "local" soundsource decaying with distance..so the "local" button on the musicplayer GUI won't do anything now. But in exchange you can better enjoy the music
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 07:20:19 am by fly77 »