Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Construction Items (transportable) Release  (Read 4591 times)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
Construction Items (transportable) Release
« on: April 10, 2023, 04:50:00 am »

Its my pleasure to release a pack of construction items for outerra that you can use to build sceneries and that are "transportable" with the upcoming "Landrock Tributary 3500 XL" car upgrade
based on ProfPinhead's Landrock ..that will be posted soon on ProfPinheads Vehicle Emporium here on the forum.

The list of transportable construction and other items includes

9 types of rocks
2 types of roadblocks
9 types of tiles
woodplanks
bricks
concrete and lime bags (courtesy wezbuce)
concrete-mixer
3 types of construction works signs
2 types of dumpsters

Download from here :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dVj6rvjYfDo1y6OXNIht6G6LUGlfJXgW?usp=sharing

installation: click on the self-installing "fly77-construction-transportables.otx" file

To use the items open outerra scenery editor with F7.
Under assets search respectively for:
rock
road
tile
asse (italian name for plank)
brick
bag
mixer
road
dumpster

andfly

Re: Construction Items (transportable) Release
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 08:23:30 am »

You are always a volcano of new ideas !!!   :D

I have a question (one of my usual slightly embarrassing questions...)

I remember you had built a model of a bulldozer that had collision meches in the shovel and could load and move objects in a very realistic way.
Do you think it would be possible to equip a robotic arm with collision meches such that it would be possible to "grab" an object from the ground, lift it and unload it into the flatbed of a cargo vehicle like the Landrock Tributary 3500 XL you're talking about?

If it seems to you that the idea is feasible (and you have the desire and the time to try)
I have found a model of a robotic arm in "obj format" for free use
https://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-41371.html
it has only a limited gripper travel which, however, can be easily enlarged in Blender.
You could mount it on the back of one of the many free models of vehicles found on the Web and go around loading and unloading goods.

It's just an idea...
It would be nice if it was achievable ...    ::) ::) ::)
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 12:59:04 am »

You are always a volcano of new ideas !!!   :D ........
Do you think it would be possible to equip a robotic arm with collision meches such that it would be possible to "grab" an object from the ground, lift it and unload it into the flatbed of a cargo vehicle like the Landrock Tributary 3500 XL you're talking about?

Hi andfly ! Thanks. yes I think its possible and it would be quite cool ! The only thing that needs to be considered is that apparently there is no friction in outerra so the robot arm must be equipped with a grabbing device preferably like this..or similar (with at least two or better three or more fingers)
which of course can be modelled in blender as well with apropriate collision. if you can do the modelling and import it into outerra we can try ! I always thought of robots in in outerra...also walking hexapod robots would be cool !  And well yes : the robotic arm could be "attached" to any vehicle if the vehicle has some "bone" to which the robot arm mesh can be "attached" with outerra commands....lik I attached the swat soldiers into my bell Huey helicopter

« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 01:05:13 am by fly77 »

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 01:28:30 am »

imported it ! (it was necessary to heavily apply "decimate" modifier !)

OK I will experiment with it !  ;)

if you also find a nice model for a normal excavator such as the one I modelled roughly it would also be interesting !  ^-^

« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 01:34:40 am by fly77 »

andfly

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 02:05:38 pm »

You're right ... I hadn't really thought about friction because, in real world, it's normal that it exists ...

You should have a vehicle with a "plier" which, when closing, wraps around the object to be grasped to support it also at the bottom and connect concave collision meches to it.
In searching the sites that distribute 3D models for free use I could not find anything suitable.
So you should draw it in Blender ...

In short, it is not as simple as I had assumed at first.
One should have "artistic" skills and, above all, time.    :(
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 02:12:15 pm »

well yes...to draw the plier in blender may not be that difficult. The greater issue is time. There are always hundreds of interesting things to do and this is just one of them. Though it may be worth to be included in the waiting-list.  :)
My priority now though is to make the pick and drop function universal (not linked to a vehicle) but that requires having an inventory system. I started with copying one from the web https://codepen.io/acr187/pen/PoYvWbr but it didn't work really. I still plan to do it HMTL though as this example and as my menuDemo mod

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 02:14:21 pm by fly77 »

andfly

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 02:33:53 pm »

Good boy  :D
Don't extinguish your volcano of ideas!  ;)

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2023, 12:28:40 am »

no worries  ;)