Anteworld - Outerra Game > Game & gameplay discussion

Power to the people

(1/2) > >>

ZeosPantera:
Two concepts. Geo-Thermal drilling

http://blog.google.org/2011/10/new-geothermal-map-of-united-states.html Useful when in an applicable area. Involves some deep core drilling.

Thorium Reactors. Would involve some mining which is perfect and some cool byproducts.

BTW this is an awesome video. I suggest everyone watch it and pass it on.

cameni:
Yeah, I was thinking exactly about this after viewing the video on G+. Just advertising the concept in Outerra by using Thorium reactors everywhere :)

PytonPago:
Hawe known about the Th-solution for  longer time, hawent known, that the pol. sphere is waiting like this ... as for others, already some years is an H-fusion reactor under construction :
http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=249400
(Cant find the original docu. about| Still, it will need an uninterrupted flow of hydrogen, and the whole hi-temparature-pressure mass will be held in place by a ring-like cirkular high el.-mag. field ... there the catch of potential risks at stake, also, still the old good water-heating eletricity gaining process. And Hydrogen still has no werry efficient and low-energy capable production. : / .... as for other, there was an interesting document about the black-mould inside the chernobyl Sargofag. It seems after the studies, that radiation atracts it and its growing more and more in the way of higher radiation levels.  ... Actually, fungi was the reason of the MIR-destruction, it was nearly health-treathing to be there. Will be surely the ISSĀ“s end too ...

cameni:
While we are at it, just today there was a test of cold fusion device http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-10/29/rossi-success
They call it a success, supposedly it run in a self-sustained mode for more than five hours, producing 470 kilowatts of heat. However, the credibility of the testing is still low.

PytonPago:
Well .. DARPA, if they are involved in such a potent powerful energy source, theres got to be something behind it. : / ... Butt, thumbs up for the siences, and a little of theory to it, if someone is interested :
http://www.coldfusionenergyscience.com/theory (in an aceptional form for non-chemists and nuklear physicists|
Still, i dont know, how they want to deal whyte the fact, that it is a fusion-only system, so the temponary gain of Helium occurs whyte no way of splitting it back to helium to "refuell" the whole thing. Just like in the sun, when the H2 goes out, no more fuel is present to power the star and it goes to die. I know that the energy-gain is too significant to simply go dry on H2 and water its gained from butt still, it doesnt look to me as an "ideal" way of making things if its still not self-recharging capable.
Its an werry chalenging thing to find such an energysource, especially when it should make enormous energy in a werry small volume. In fact, selfrechargable would be ewen burning H2 to wather and splitting them in a cycle, butt the problem here i the chemistry fact, that plitting them takes more energy, than we can harwest from the heat-effect of their back-reaction - to the nuclear solutions where the splitting goes fine whyte an energygain for us, but then the problem of fusion or getting it back occurs .. (yellow uranium oxide as a waste from to-time used atomic approach| .. that is why Th-methode katches me the most, cus they found a relatively simple and safe (to the exeption of a H2 tank for the recycling process| methode to make it almost no other material-needed state. Just like in an organism - ATP splitts whyte an energygain for our body needs and is recreated trough an cycle. Mybe an biologicaly-complicated, butt stil functional in normal temparature and pressure and in a way, that in combination needs way lesser energy to form ATP than its splitting gave us. .. Just an Enginering principle: - simple is idiotproof, - selfrechargable is economicproof and normal state dependacies (T, p| makes it safetyproof (to the aception of using hazardous materials in concentrated state of course :D|.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version